Sales Account Manager - N. Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland
Riverbend Malt House
Apply for this Job
Position Title: Sales Account Manager, Riverbend Malt House Inc.
Location: Washington, DC, N. Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Company Summary: Riverbend Malt House ranks among the top craft malt houses in the country. It was founded in 2010 with the goal of producing high quality, locally sourced, artisanal malt for use by the craft brewing and craft distilling industries. With sales to over 200 customers regionally, Riverbend is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a Sales Account Manager to join the sales team. www.riverbendmalt.com
Position Summary: Riverbend salespeople are highly motivated professionals who provide a natural link between our malthouse and the customer. As a key member of the sales team, the Sales Account Manager helps ensures that Riverbend Malt House consistently meets or exceeds sales goals, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. The position entails substantial interaction with customers by phone, email, text and in person.
• Supports team in achieving revenue goals.
• Provides Director of Sales with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
• Identifies tactics for meeting sales objectives within individual accounts.
• Positions Riverbend favorably, resulting in high customer satisfaction results and ensuring future business.
• Competently represents Riverbend at industry tradeshows and events.
• Prepares sales and account reports and forecasts as requested by Director of Sales.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date account information in CRM.
• Travel to visit customers across Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Delaware, and Maryland.
• Specializes in selling malt to Distilleries and Craft Breweries
Position KPIs / Performance Metrics:
• Sales vs. team sales goal.
• Lead generation and follow up.
• New customer acquisition.
• Customer retention.
Desired Competencies and Attributes:
• Outgoing, people oriented.
• Communications Skills. Listens well, seeking to understand. Speaks clearly, calmly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Has strong verbal communication skills both on the phone and in person. Can write clearly and succinctly.
• Organization. Capable of managing time and priorities while working with a large customer and prospect base. Responds promptly to customer requests and requirements.
• Product and Industry knowledge. Some knowledge of malting and craft brewing and distilling processes and product integration preferred. Knowledge of specific customers within Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware a plus.
• Selling experience. Understanding of professional sales, including concepts such as sales cycles, pipelines, negotiation strategy, influencing tactics, etc. Ability to comfortably and successfully sell on quality, innovation, brand and customer service vs. price.
• Account planning. Ability to develop and implement account specific strategies designed to achieve target sales and penetration goals.
• Team player. Able to work cooperatively with Operations regarding shipment scheduling and Marketing in the areas of demand creation, brand and product positioning. Able to balance team and individual responsibilities; can handle change, delays, or unexpected events; puts success of team above own interests.
• Sense of humor. At Riverbend we work hard – and we like to have fun while we do. Our employees enjoy and appreciate each other.
• Serves as the “Voice of the Customer“ and “Voice of the Market.” Provides feedback about customers, new product ideas and competitive intelligence.
• Values and represents the interests of all Riverbend stakeholders including employees, local farmers and the community.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move items up to 55 pounds. Must be able to spend an extended period of time standing (e.g. at tradeshows.)
• Must be available and able to travel by car and airplane.
• Must be able to use office software including MS-Excel, MS-Word, CRM, Evernote, and Google Docs.
Preference for candidates who have had experience in the following areas:
· Successful sales experience with a consistent record of meeting/exceeding sales goals.
· Experience maintaining a CRM data base.
· Working with malt, especially as a maltster.
· Working at a craft brewery, distillery, or spirits company.
· Working in a small, rapidly growing environment.
· Coursework with Miller-Heiman, Rackham or other strategic selling methodology a plus.
· Cicerone certification(s) and related Spirits certifications a plus.
· Must have a valid drivers license.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. A meaningful portion of the total annual compensation will be in the form of commissions linked to the achievement of sales goals. Riverbend offers a benefits package that includes healthcare insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.