Packaging and Warehouse Manager @ Three Weavers Brewing Co.
Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective
Apply for Job
Manages all facets of Packaging operations and actively leads team(s) of Packaging Operators, Technicians, and Leads. Manages special project(s) related to process improvement for the department and facility. Sets a good example through proactive management.
- Maintain all quality standards set for Packaging and Warehouse at CANarchy facilities.
- Master all Operator 1, Operator 2 and Technician 1 tasks.
- Manage Packaging and Warehouse related tasks and procedures in Orchestrated Beer.
- Supervise and lead a team of Packaging and Warehouse Operators and Technicians.
- Ability to operate all packaging equipment and any station in the facility.
- Manage Packaging and Warehouse team labor scheduling and individual performance.
- Maintain accurate and up to date SOP’s as well as any other pertinent required documentation.
- Engage in improvement projects coordinated through the General Manager or Director of Brewing Operations.
- Screen, interview and hire new staff for Packaging and Warehouse department.
- Ensure team is compliant with company polices and safety guidelines.
- Communicate effectively and timely using either email, phone, text or verbal tools.
- Perform facility related duties as required or assigned.
- Support training and management for all Packaging Operator 1, Operator 2, Technician 1, Technician 2, Lead and Warehouse personnel.
- Support other departments when situations warrant and make connections between processes.
- Maintain proper stock of raw materials required for packaging.
- Validate timecards for Packaging and Warehouse department personnel every 2 weeks.
- Oversee planned and unplanned maintenance of Packaging equipment.
- Operate all pallet moving devices (e.g. Forklift, Pallet Jack) in the facility.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership and facilitate communication both inside and outside of Packaging and Warehouse department
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and ability to multi-task
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift 50lbs to shoulder height and push or pull 160 lbs. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to work weekend and overnight shifts.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: General Manager or Director of Brewery Operations
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Required
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: 3 years in packaging, preferably in management
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.