Key Account Manager
Apply for this Job
The Key Accounts Manager position focuses on delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with regional On & Off premise chains. This position enhances the awareness of Schilling Cider products by improving the availability and visibility of company brands in high profile, high volume outlets. This position will be based out of the Greater Seattle or Portland area.
Schilling Cider has always strived to create a fun and productive workplace that every employee can be proud of. We foster a culture of creativity and continuous improvement with many avenues of potential growth, no matter where you start. Bring your craft beverage passion and experience to Schilling Cider!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop annual business plans for assigned accounts and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plans.
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives.
- Partner with Marketing Team to create and deliver specific programs that are consistent with Schillings overall brand image.
- Effectively communicate with the Schilling Cider sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address account opportunities.
- Conduct retail account staff training as required.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Established connections with key chains within the Grocery, C-Store, E-Commerce and On-premise accounts.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position:
- 2+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to regional on & off-premise chain accounts.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen and internal reporting systems.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regard to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Networking ability (supplier, wholesaler, and retailer)
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications.
- Ability to travel frequently (approximately upwards of 50% of the time).
- Lead by example and take initiative; are gregarious and outgoing.
- Possess a true entrepreneurial spirit.
- Can work independently and as a part of a team.
- Are energetic, organized, and motivated problem solvers.
- Are passionate about craft cider and have deep knowledge of the local craft market.
- Have strong sales, communication, and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel multiple times per year.
- Has a desire to create a long-term career path within Schilling Cider.
- Currently reside in the Seattle metro or Portland metro area
- Passion for cider and the beverage industry
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a reliable automobile
- Ability to handle and maneuver 30lb cases and team lift kegs
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends
- MUST be 21 years of age
- Schilling Cider offers medical and dental coverage, matching retirement, and paid time off.
** Schilling Cider is an Equal Opportunity Employer **