Sales Representative in San Francisco/Bay Area
Calicraft Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Calicraft Brewing Company
Territory Sales Representative
Our goal at Calicraft is to create a better world through inspired beverages - sustainable, ethical, and communal.
From the very beginning - we were more than beer. We started with a passion for crafted food and beverages, with the belief that better products can create a better world.
If you are passionate about craft beer (and beverages) and sustainability and interested in growing an amazing beer brand, we are currently looking for a Full-Time Sales Representative in San Francisco/Bay Area to develop and manage distributor accounts, grow our beer and spritzer volume and visibility and develop and maintain relationships with key managers/buyers at retail accounts
The ideal candidate will be based out of their home in the San Francisco Bay Area and will be covering San Francisco and possible San Jose
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with distributor personnel and key on premise and off premise accounts.
- Daily on-premise and off-premise account relationship management with new and existing accounts
- Will be responsible for the promotion and sales of draft and packaged beer and growing distribution and volume in assigned territory.
- Responsible for creating and improving the visibility of the brand in assigned territory.
- Assist VP of Sales in executing business plans to meet annual goals and drive accountability with distributors and key accounts.
- Manage distributor orders and assist managing inventory at distributor warehouses.
- Resolve customer and distributor issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Represent Calicraft by attending and/or pouring at special events such as beer dinners and beer festivals.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key managers/buyers at target accounts
- Ensure proper merchandising at on and off premise accounts
- Create, Schedule, and Execute off-premise sampling’s, on-premise events & programming, festivals, and wholesaler work withs
- Establish weekly target account lists and sales goals, and ability to achieve and execute on such goals
- Engage, educate and inspires consumers and retail customers about the Calicraft brands
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong interpersonal skills with a successful proven track record of developing strong relationships and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Must have a solid knowledge of beer styles and the craft brewery industry
- Demonstrates approachability, composure, and strong customer service orientation
- Solutions oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate with staff, customers, and vendors
- Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays for special work- related events such as beer dinners, tap takeovers, etc.
- Must have the ability to lift 55 lbs regularly and sit at a desk for long periods of time and occasionally stand for long periods of time if participating at events or trade shows
- Ability to take the initiative, work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to complete assignments both accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and good working relationships with customers, vendors and staff
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact and work cross-functionally with all departments to meet business goals and objectives
- 2+ years of beer sales with a supplier or distributor is required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Preferred knowledge of San Francisco beer market, including existing relationships with accounts
- Reliable car, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record