Apply for this Job
Twelve Percent Beer Project’s production brewery in North Haven, CT is looking for motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic workers to join our growing team. This is an entry-level position focused in our packaging department with opportunity to advance. Our ideal candidate will be eager to help in all areas of the brewery.
- Actively contribute to a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times.
- Help to package product in kegs, cans and eventually bottles.
- Clean kegs inside and out.
- Handle raw materials and finished packaged goods with care.
- Actively seek ways to improve processes.
- Perform QA/QC analysis of packaged product.
- Test and carbonate finished product to reach the desired specification.
- Clean, organize and sanitize frequently.
- Set-up, breakdown and clean before and after each packaging run.
- Handle chemicals, hot water and other hazardous materials in a safe manner.
- Self-motivated, hard-working person with a desire to learn and grow.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods (10 hours), climb ladders/stairs repeatedly; lift/move heavy objects (full kegs weigh ~165 lbs) bend, stoop, twist/turn, crawl and reach overhead.
- Willingness to get dirty & wet and ability to work and stay focused in a loud production environment.
- Good verbal communication skills and basic algebra skills.
- Forklift & pallet jack experience is preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule dependent on production/packaging needs.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team.
- Basic mechanical/problem-solving aptitude (familiar with tools/troubleshooting).
- Attention to detail to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Brewery experience is preferred but not required; restaurant experience is a plus.
- Safety oriented.
- Ability to handle a very fast paced and unpredictable work schedule.