QA/QC Lab Technician I
Clipper City Brewing/ Heavy Seas Beer
Apply for this Job
The QA/QC Lab Technician I will be responsible for helping with tasks to execute quality standards. He/she will work under the supervision of the QA/QC Team Leader to perform day-to-day analytical testing and quality checks to support the efficiency of the department. Duties may vary as necessary.
Including, but not limited to:
- Daily sample collection including sterile samples
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Performing standardized testing on in-process and finished beer which includes but is not limited to the following: ABV, Gravity, pH, IBU’s, Color, VDK’s
- Complete package testing for TPO, volumes of CO2, fills, crimp checks, seam checks, keg testing, and other packaging standards
- Collecting tasting samples and helping maintain a daily sensory panel
- Communicating with brewery personnel and management regarding quality control issues
- Daily data entry and maintenance of QC spreadsheets including record keeping, trending, and data analysis
- Making differential agar and plating for bacterial and wild yeast growth for in-process and packaged products
- Assisting in the maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assisting in maintaining a professional and clean lab
- Works on other projects as needed as a part of the QA/QC team
Credentials and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, science field preferred/ or 2 years proven lab experience can substitute for degree.
- Experience: Prior lab or brewing experience is encouraged but not required
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
- Attention to detail; ability to produce accurate, precise, and reproducible data
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Optimistic, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to take initiative, act promptly, and be proactive
- Passion for quality beer!
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as ability to stand, move around and climb ladders
- The work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise – office with printers and computers; loud noise – factory or manufacturing space)
- The work environment can include areas that are wet and non-temperature controlled
Please include salary requirements with the cover letter.
Heavy Seas offers a fun working environment with opportunities for advancement. We offer great benefits as well as paid time off. Land Your Dream Job! Come work for Heavy Seas! What are you waiting for?