Brewer - Blue Point Brewing
Blue Point Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Join Blue Point’s brewing team, Long Island’s largest and longest running craft brewery. Our goal is to make great beer and do it consistently and efficiently. We are always looking to push boundaries and find ways to improve.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Ensure brewing quality standards are met
- Participate in weekly brewer team meetings and education opportunities
- Input and maintain production data
- contribute to product improvement and development
- troubleshoot when issues arise, finding root causes and solutions
- General knowledge of professional brewing.
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for all things brewing and beer related
- Must be willing to work varying and flexible shifts including overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work.
- Experience with OBeer, Microsoft Office, Smartsheets is preferred
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and time management skills while multitasking, adapting to changes, working well under pressure and managing multiple competing demands
Education and Experience:
- Two years of brewing experience preferred
- Professional brewing certificate preferred.
- High school diploma.
- Must be 21-years of age.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds, frequently bend and maneuver around tight/confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift (8-12 hours)
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in a non-temperature controlled environment
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.