Colorado & Wyoming Sales Manager
Great Divide Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Colorado / Wyoming Manager is responsible for building and growing a Top Tier Craft Beer Sales Team in the assigned regions. This position will be focused on leading their team to achieve budgeted revenue, volume, and sales results while working closely with our Distributor Partners throughout Colorado and Wyoming.
Initially, the primary focus for this role will be Colorado. This person will also work closely with our Marketing Manager to continue growing Great Divide Brewing as a premier craft brewery in the Rocky Mountain Regional Market.Territory
- Colorado and Wyoming
Sales and Distribution
- Partners with the Sr. Director of Sales & Marketing to oversee all sales efforts in assigned territory, including, but not limited to, annual planning, forecasting, promotional calendars, and distributor spending
- Develops, manages, and maintains distributor partner relationships within assigned territory.
- Analyzes and develops sales opportunities and game plans utilizing VIP.
- Cultivates positive relationships with all members of management and sales teams.
- Monitor’s distributor partner inventories and orders
- Stays current in all liquor license codes and regulations within their territory
- Acts professionally and avoids unethical sales tactics
- Model the culture and values of The Great Divide Brewing Company.
- Responsible to attract, retain, motivate, and lead a high-performing sales team.
- Assesses need for training and assists with coordination to ensure team has resources and tools to meet sales rep expectations.
- Partners with Human Resources and Sr. Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure appropriate action related to hiring and performance management.
- Publish a personal weekly plan and recap to sales team.
- Reviews team’s weekly plan, market activity and Lilypad notes
- Scheduled Skill / Training Days with Team Members
- Monthly Performance Recaps to Distributors
- Recaps to include VIP #s, results vs. ABP objectives, inventory review and release updates.
- Executes Business Review with Distributor Partners in the assigned territory to review progress toward goals and to update initiatives.
- Conducts pricing analysis for both package and draft.
- Review’s distributor spends to ensure adherence to approved spending.
Communication & Participation
- Maintain high level of communication with all departments, both written and verbal.
- Attends industry functions as required.
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, and customer concerns in a timely manner, both externally and internally, displaying internal customer service
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Candidates must demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills.
- Requires an excellent work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to grow Great Divide business at the retail and distributor level.
- Must be able to lift 35lb cases and maneuver and place 160lb kegs.
- Must live in Denver Metro area
- Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed to support sales activities.
- Must maintain professionalism while working in environments where beer taps are flowing.
- Proficient use of computers, specifically: Microsoft Office Suite, VIP, and Lilypad
- Detailed understanding of the alcohol three-tier system
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- The ability to understand the market planning process for craft beer sales is essential.
- Extensive car and overnight travel required.
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Beverage Industry
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
Please submit your completed application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com with CO / WYO Sales Manager in the subject line by May 15, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Great Divide Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.