Boston District Sales Manager
Downeast Cider House
Apply for Job
we hire people inspired by a good challenge, who believe that the uphill battle is worth the view from the top. we want to lead american cider.
we are motivated by the road ahead as the market continues to grow and becomes more competitive. we’re using the resources at hand, seizing every opportunity we get, and taking our unfiltered approach to the top.
district sales manager:
our sales organization is growing quickly and our home base is no exception. we’ve doubled our sales team in the last year, and with this growth comes opportunities in management, specialized roles within the sales organization, and cross-department opportunities. we need someone to coach and manage our territory managers in massachusetts and take our team to the next level.
train and motivate your team of territory managers
- manage a team of 4-5 (and counting) direct reports
- spend 3-4 days a week in the field selling with your team and coaching them
- train new territory managers on the downeast sales process
- develop individual coaching plans and provide resources and support
- determine training needs by working in the field with territory managers and observing their sales encounters
develop relationships with our wholesalers
- work with the regional vice president of sales to manage 3 wholesalers
- maintain and balance thorough communications with many (10-40) wholesaler reps
- leverage wholesaler relationships to increase sales and stay top of mind
- experience in sales training and/or management
- at least three years of outside sales experience
- track record of providing excellent customer service
- proven discipline of managing budgets and managing a weekly/monthly account list
- reside in the same area as the covered territory
- valid driver’s license and vehicle
nice to haves:
- experience working in the alcohol industry
- proficient in G Suite
- good with funny gifs and memes
to apply, please include a one-page characterful cover letter explaining why this post speaks to you. drop the “to whom it may concern” and give it to us straight - why you?
we like to hire the way we like our cider; unfiltered. with the understanding that we can learn and grow from each other’s differences, we are proud to hire regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or anything else that makes us who we are.