Magnolia Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Our Brewers at New Belgium SF and Magnolia Brewing play a pivotal role. They are engaged in and responsible for the complete brewing process from the mixing and blending of raw materials (wort creation) to the final fermented product (bright beer). Processes responsible for include: Brewing, fermentation, maturation and filtration and canning. This brewing position will support our two brewpubs, the production brewery and the foeder cellar program in the San Francisco.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Responsible for material addition per recipe (malt, hops, yeast etc…) and routinely monitors inventory levels.
- Monitors all process parameters: Sensory, flow rates and volumes, process times and temperatures, pH levels, density measures, and other parameter settings to complete the milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling processes, cooling, yeast pitching, fermentation temperatures, clarity, microbiological stabilization, and bottle conditioning.
- Conducts cleaning procedures of pipes, valves, heat exchangers, flow meters, sensors, and vessels to ensure a clean and non-contaminated process.
- Conducts and ensures daily cleaning of all work areas within brewing (5S).
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting maintenance on process manufacturing equipment when scheduled or needed.
- Engages in quality assurance activities to ensure products meet quality assurance specifications and standards.
- Continually engaged in quality improvement projects and processes to improve the overall efficiency of the operation and products being produced.
- Adheres to OSHA and NBB safety regulations and practices to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Handles in a safe manner all chemicals used in brewing.
- Communicates effectively with all other areas regarding the status of the process flow and consistency.
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- High school diploma
- Professional brewing experience preferred
- Solid knowledge or aptitude to learn brewing science.
- Solid interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding in the areas of math, physics, chemistry, microbiology, computer skills and mechanical skills.
- Solid working knowledge of equipment with multiple logic functions and capabilities requiring specialized training.
- Plan own work and the work of others and lead work groups or teams.
- Interpret, understand policies and relate them to others.
- Adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
All Full time Coworkers at New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.Apply NowShare Save Job