Sales Representative - Multiple Positions. Seattle, WA and LA, CA (SoCal)
Apply for this Job
The Sales Representative (aka Field Hoperative) is a full-time position responsible for growing total territory revenue versus the prior year through distributor management to meet ABP. This includes working autonomously to establish, develop and grow a strong base of on- and off-premise accounts.
- Responsible for managing Wholesalers and Retail Account Base
- Increase the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts through prescribed programs, POS, and signage
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events including beer samplings, tastings, and dinners
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
- That management tools are in place to continuously improve Wholesaler relationships and Retail Account relationships., Organizational design and staffing for optimal annual production
- Work and operate off of a plan for your set area. Anticipates future needs and changes that drive growth, such as sharing best practices, new trends, new brands, and retail accounts.
- Deliver the volume and distribution targets for the channel.
- At Retail Level
- Cold calling on bars, restaurants, hotels, and major sports venues
- Work with distributors and chain buyers to secure display space, shelf space and share of cold box
- Improve Melvin status by building displays, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility though point-of-sale
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, buyers.
- Identify and successfully expedite sell to new customers through your distributor.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular call patterns to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotion activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide craft beer education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise Accounts through Sales Director and Distributor within limits of budget to support ABP.
- Conduct distributor, waitstaff / bartender education seminars.
- At Distributor Level
- Develop and maintain partnerships with all key wholesaler personnel within sales territory
- Implement sales performance measures and targets using brand priorities with wholesalers while assisting in achieving expected on and off premise results
- Assume a leadership role in understanding, developing, and implementing key brewery initiatives with distributor sales team
- Build awareness of our portfolio and programming
- Conduct in-field work with wholesaler Sales Representatives.
- Communicate on premise and off-premise SKU priorities by varietal and price, segments and review execution against these standards.
- Build, manage, and communicate business plans and forecasts with wholesaler team that will lead to successful execution in the market.
- Assist in craft beer education
- Ensure that the Breweries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by brewery sales team, distributors and retailers.
- Review and communicate sales data, and market insights relevant with Wholesaler Teams
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs
- Attend and assist with selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions
- Develop and conduct on-going training programs with sales team, distributors, retailers, and consumers
- Pricing Surveys for KAMs
- Create incentives, trade programs and work with local wholesalers to drive distribution & volume.
- Energy, enthusiasm, confidence, self-motivation, and self-discipline
- Strong passion and knowledge for the craft beer industry with a desire to continue learning
- Outgoing and friendly disposition
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with diverse groups and departments
- Organized and able to efficiently multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel daily and work flexible schedules to meet deadlines
- A safe driving record and a valid driver’s license
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle
- The ability to drive to and from accounts routinely
- Full mobility and physical capability to handle product safely and effectively including the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and lift up to 55 pounds
- Must be 21 years of age