Illinois Sales Representative
Half Past (Premium Hard Seltzer)
Apply for this Job
Searching for an Illinois Sales Representative to grow and scale a premium hard seltzer start-up in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Salary + benefits
Half Past is a premium hard seltzer that launched in Chicago in mid-March. Over the last year, we have been obsessed with creating a hard seltzer that has the complexities of a cocktail without the sugar or calories. Our hard seltzers combine real juices, whole ingredients, and the cleanest fermented base available in nuanced flavor combinations such as Ginger with Turmeric or Pineapple with Clove.
We have secured our initial distributor and retailer relationships, successfully launched, and are now seeking an Illinois Sales Representative that will be responsible for enabling the sale of Half Past within Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
This individual will be our first sales hire and help chart our course in Chicago – a consistent top performer with experience growing an account base both on and off-premise that is excited to build a new market from the ground-up and work alongside the founding team to establish Half Past as the leading premium seltzer.
Responsibilities for the role
- Participate, with the founding team, in the development and execution of annual sales plan for assigned geographic territory
- Meet or exceed monthly / annual sales goals as outlined by the founding team
- Cultivate a relationship with distributor sales team to execute sales initiatives, orchestrate ride-alongs and crew drives, participate in ABP’s at the instruction of the founding team
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel
- Work with existing on and off-premise accounts to properly merchandise Half Past
- Call on and activate new on and off-premise accounts
- Analyze distributor reports to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming
- Participate in the development of program-specific POS and ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs and executed to the standard
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling, etc.
- Ensure all Company SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards
- Travel when appropriate to call on key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with Company sales personnel
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 3 - 5+ years of alcohol industry sales experience at a distributor or supplier
- Must have personal vehicle and valid driver’s license to travel around territory
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Must reside in the Chicago area
Characteristics of our ideal candidate
- Top performer at a Chicago distributor or brand with existing relationships in our target market
- Energetic and enthusiastic about what we are building and desire to scale a new alcohol brand in a growing market
- Problem solver who consistently exhibits a very high sense of urgency and is willing to be hands-on
- Established team player with the ability to build strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Well-organized, entrepreneurial individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills