Territory Manager for the Western, Southern Maryland, and Delaware
Clipper City Brewing/ Heavy Seas Beer
Apply for this Job
Heavy Seas Beer is looking for an experienced Territory Manager for the Western, Southern Maryland, and Delaware markets to grow volume, revenue, and awareness of the Heavy Seas brand.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Territory Manager will be responsible for the sales and distribution of products for the Heavy Seas portfolio with our Southern Maryland, Western Maryland, and Delaware distributors.
This position will also assist with executing national and regional chain accounts where Heavy Seas is distributed. The ideal candidate will be responsible for build and leverage relationships to increase sales, distribution, market share, and brand awareness in assigned accounts and the distributor territory.
- Work directly with distributor management to promote brands and implement programming to drive revenue and gross profit.
- Monitor distributor inventory and shipments weekly.
- Manages and communicates shared strategies, including pricing strategies, brand strategies, and go-to-market strategies.
- Conducts quarterly planning meetings with distributor partners to set goals for market execution.
- Build relationships with distributors by working the trade with key distributor personnel.
- Maintain regular call frequency with assigned accounts.
- Conducts regular sales calls with customers and establish relationships within a targeted list of accounts to grow the business
- Regularly survey accounts to ensure accurate pricing, merchandising, and inventory control.
- Attend any key trade shows or events to help drive community involvement with our distributor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Adheres to the ethical sales culture of Heavy Seas Brewery
- Strong alignment to company culture and values. Personality fit with the Heavy Seas crew is critical.
- Strong knowledge of the three-tier alcoholic beverage distribution system, including a full understanding of promotional legalities.
- Ability to collaborate with distributors and fellow Heavy Seas employees.
- High tolerance for multi-tasking and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced execution environment.
- Must be self-motivated with a passion for winning.
- Experience in customer service (either internal or external), strong project management skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency, and personal accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the capability to learn VIP.
- Travel is required among the Western and Southern Maryland and Deleware geography, approximately 50-60% of the time.
- Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- Must live within the territory’s footprint.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as ability to stand and move around for extended periods of time
- The work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise – office with printers and computers; loud noise – factory or manufacturing space)
- Compensation based on experience
- Health insurance, as well as dental and vision, available
- 401k with company match; vesting after 3 years
- Car and phone allowance