Warehouse Associate – Seasonal
Fremont Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Fremont Brewing is currently seeking a full-time, seasonal Warehouse Associate – Seasonal based out of our West facility in Ballard. The Warehouse Associate is part of our Warehouse department and reports to the Warehouse Manager. The primary responsibilities include assisting in day-to-day shipping and receiving, picking sales orders, loading and unloading trucks, production support, product and material flow, as well as performing a wide variety of warehousing, support, and organizational tasks. Approximate job length is 12-13 weeks, end of April through the end of July. Hours averaging 30-40 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate a forklift and other powered equipment safely and effectively in a high traffic production environment.
- Uphold strict inventory standards by completing and processing paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in the picking and loading of regularly occurring distributor orders using FIFO principles.
- Assist in the receiving and inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to packing slips.
- Operate Fremont Brewing’s box truck in a safe manner to pick up and deliver goods as assigned by the position; maintain cleanliness of vehicles; service and perform safety checks on assigned vehicle.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and orderliness by routinely picking up garbage, sweeping floors, taking out trash, and operating a floor scrubber.
- Pick and package finished product to safely ship via UPS/FedEx.
- Be ready to stand in on the packaging line for limited coverage during labor shortages or high-volume runs.
- Other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly organized with obsessive dedication to quality and detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A willingness to adjust to and an ability to cope with frequent operational changes and priorities
- A passion for craft beer and working in a team-oriented environment
- A demonstrated skillset in relationship management
- Outgoing personality that loves working with all walks of life
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be 21 years of age
- Able to manage a flexible work schedule
- Ability to draw a perfect circle free hand and with your eyes closed
- Understands exceptional customer service
- A robust sense of humor and a healthy ability to laugh at oneself (and others)
- Standing or sitting in a static position for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting 50 lbs., moving up to 160 lbs.)
- Climbing ladders in accordance with company safety protocols
- Ability to work safely around moving mechanical parts
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending, etc.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.