Trade Marketing Manager
Duvel Moortgat USA
Apply for Job
The primary role of the Trade Marketing Manager is to spearhead the development of our company’s trade marketing programs and point of sale strategy in both on and off-premise channels. The (TMM) will work across all territories with the goal of building relationships with key retail, DUSA sales and wholesale partners. The (TMM) will work closely with all the Vice President of Marketing, brand teams, National Accounts team, Sales Directors, POS Manager and Market Managers to bring life to the DUSA brands at retail through the execution of major marketing and partnership activations. This position will work collaboratively with the marketing team and shall be the key contact between sales and the brand managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison between National Accounts team and DUSA Marketing team
- Responsible for keeping National Accounts team strategy aligned with internal marketing team strategy, goals, and key projects.
- Provide consumer and shopper connected solutions based on Shopper Occasions & Insights to drive Brand performance across all channels.
- Voice for the National Accounts team in internal marketing conversations, pushing for initiatives that drive long term growth of high-volume packages, enhance retail buyer (key stakeholder) relationships, promote success of shopper marketing investments, and 360-degree programs that are easy to execute in the retail environment.
- Take the lead to work with National Account Managers/Director to develop and execute effective shopper marketing programs by chain.
- Create impactful programs and execution toolkits to support key selling moments.
- Deliver tangible, custom programs for all trimester for top 20 identified must win chains for all key brands throughout the DUSA portfolio.
- Report chain programming ROI to Marketing and Sales leadership team for review of optimization measures at retail on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure Brand design principles are applied to overall program design, from strategy to specific assets that support retail hook(s).
- Manage set-up and execution of on & off premise national consumer promotions (text-to-win) available to National Accounts and general sales team to secure account support, drive volume, and encourage consumer engagement.
- Participate in sales meetings with retail buyers to communicate marketing strategy, assist in selling-in shopper marketing programs, and report back post-program performance metrics to build retail relationships and unlock further trade support.
- Manage e-commerce platform relationships as main DUSA contact, including identifying & qualifying advertising opportunities with media agency, maintaining DUSA e-comm brand presence, and staying on top of business segment growth.
- Form and maintain ongoing touchpoints between DUSA Brand Teams and DUSA Field Sales Team.
- Adhere to all deadlines, specifically the Trimester Planning Calendar Timeframe as outlined.
- Continually research new and innovative approaches to communicating our messaging with our shoppers at retail by testing assets with insights partner to ensure benchmarks are being exceeded for shoppers.
- You will be responsible for connecting the dots between data provided by DUSA in order to deepen the organization’s understanding of shopper behaviors.
- You’ll lead the strategy development to understand key decision-making moments for shoppers by channel to inform the development of meaningful solutions.
- You will plan primary research and disseminate conclusions and solution development recommendations in a way that drives broad understanding and clear action.
- You will identify and manage partner relationships, driving "efficient quality" of deliverables, but also greater depth of value-added knowledge.
- You will also continuously seek new and innovative ways to bring external thinking to our business practice to ensure we are building bold and relevant commerce ideas for our DUSA brands.
- You will align projects to overall planning timelines and use influence management to anticipate customer needs and delight them with impactful outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree
- 4 to 6 years relevant sales, marketing, or brand management experience; off-premise retail experience a plus
- Strong alignment to company culture and values
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and with limited direction
- Results oriented and determined in the face of a challenge
- Ability to collaborate and work well with management, peers and across functions
- Ability to think strategically and translate ideas into practical execution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups
- Ability to develop and interpret spend, performance and financial reports
- Track record of success working with large customers
- Willingness to travel for up to a week away from home and work out of normal hours and a good driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point; Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
Internal candidates must work a minimum of six months for Duvel Moortgat USA before applying for a different position within the organization. Interested candidates should submit their resume to Jane Walton, Human Resources – email@example.com. Duvel Moortgat USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.