Apply for this Job
Account Executive Northwest - Brewery Sales- Do you have a passion for craft beer, and a thirst for joining this industry? Malted barley is the backbone of every great beer. At Prairie malt we offer a wide variety of high-quality products made by our malting houses around the globe, as well as our partner brands in Germany and the United Kingdom. Prairie Malt is comprised of a great team that has passion for our industry, and enjoys the full support of Boortmalt as a whole. We are a small team within passionate global team dedicated to malting, brewing, and distilling. Being a part of this group provides almost unlimited opportunities to grow as an individual within your career.
The Account Executive is responsible for the execution of the strategy for the Northwest (Oregon, Washington, and Idaho) targeting small–medium brewing segments. This includes building, developing, and maintaining internal/external customer/client relationships, researching and identifying customer’s needs to ultimately create and propose solutions and executing the sales/account contracts. Other main activities include generating sales through prospecting building and maintaining CRM through prospecting and Brewers Association Data. Position will incorporate extensive data mining and follow up as well as customer visits, industry specific events and travel.
Location: Northwest. This position is home based.
(Preference for candidates to be within the territory and close to a major airport)
This role will be required to travel 50% of the time.
40% Assure the execution of the Commercial Strategy for the Northwest, focus on achieving target volumes – margins and new customers goals.
15% Build Customer Development Plans using CRM tool and keep them updated as an important guide to conduct commercial interaction with the different customers.
15% Apply the marketing tools to better understand customer ´s behaviors, and react in a way that contribute to maximize engagement, volumes and margins with the different accounts.
10% Develop and maintain good market knowledge-customers, prospects, and competition (via social media, industry events, customer visits.)
10% Work together with the Customer Solution Lead to seek for opportunities of new products & services that can leverage customer profitability based on a win-win approach.
10% Work with Inventory Planner to assist with inventory management and control in region and at same time assure delivery on time to the different customers.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Professional experience in brewing, malting, or beer sales
· Professional experience in business to business commercial activities. Including working under the scope a large number of customers of small/mid size.
· Two or more years experience in commercial sales roles Or a technical role that was oriented to customer interaction/solutions activities.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and ask questions in order to gain understanding of customer needs
· Passionate to serve customers, with a street smart mentality, capable for developing sustainable and profitable commercial relationships based on compelling value propositions
· Ability to understand supply and demand and effect on pricing
· Strong price and contract negotiation skills.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize activities to maximize sales volume and margins
· Must be able to interface across multiple levels of the business in a positive and professional manner.
Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office programs