Three Floyds Brewing Company
Apply for Job
We are an employee-focused organization that offers flexible-work, dedicated training for your professional development, high-quality health plans, diverse employee resource groups to support you professionally and personally. We want to stay with us and grow with us. It is truly an exciting time to join Three Floyds Brewing Company!
The Operations Manager will lead the packaging, warehouse, and logistics operations of the brewery and ensure world class operations standards are met. This role will also be responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives throughout the brewery with the goals of improving efficiency, reducing cost of operations, and driving results to planned performance metrics. Success criteria for this role include: ensuring shipping and production schedules are met, maximizing plant efficiency and productivity, and realizing manufacturing cost savings, among others. This position reports to the to the VP – Operations with a dotted line to the Brewmaster. This individual will directly manage 2 production leads, with overall supervision and oversight of 15 production staff.
What you Need to be Successful!
- Responsible for daily execution of the packaging and shipping schedule
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the operations supply chain
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshoot problems as they arise in the production process
- Serve as the operations go-to for the commercial business team, understanding current capabilities and limitations and offer suggestions to help the business achieve its goals
- Implement industry best practices across packaging, warehouse, and logistics organizations
- Coach and professionally develop team
- Maintain relationships with third party OEMs and contractors
- Special Projects as needed, at the direction of the VP – Operations & Brewmaster
We're looking for someone with
- BA/BS degree in engineering, supply chain, related field or commensurate experience
- 7+ years of operational excellence experience in a manufacturing environment, brewery experience not required
- Comfortable providing hands-on guidance to operators while also providing non-technical updates to company leadership
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other process improvement training and experience
- Excellent problem solver with a solution-oriented mindset; able to solve ambiguous problems with little to no direction
- 3+ years of experience managing a staff of production employees
- Knowledge of operations in the CPG industry
- Experience with SAP Business One or other MRP systems
- Forklift certification preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Three Floyds Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Three Floyds Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.