Wicked Weed Brewing
Apply for Job
The PACKAGING SUPERVISOR oversees the daily operation of the packaging line. The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a strong teamwork environment emphasizing communication, innovation, and efficiency. While certain aspects of the position are technical in nature, the more critical functions are the leadership, training, and performance management. The Packaging Supervisor works with Brewing – typically the on-shift Lead Brewer – as well as, the Quality team to ensure the highest quality and efficient packaging of beer. The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the packaging line and employees, as well as, the long-term growth of packaging line employees and processes. The Packaging Supervisor also contributes to packaging line operations when necessary. The Packaging Supervisor position is a leadership position, requiring broad thinking, innovative effort and an imagination when it comes to problem solving.
Full time salaried position with benefits. Evenings and weekends are required for this position.
Please provide letter of interest and resume when applying.
- Maintains a culture of safety within the packaging area and is responsible for team members’ safety
- Reports workers’ compensation claims when necessary
- Ensures training participation for all packaging employees
- Alerts the Production Manager of large-scale concerns and issues, and helps troubleshoot solutions
- Directly supervises the packaging teams
- Plans and executes daily work assignments
- Communicates regularly with packaging employees, and maintains a sense of organizational cohesiveness
- Quality control on packaging line matters including: batch numbers, scheduling concerns, and other matters relevant to the short and long-term operation of the packaging line
- Guarantees sanitation procedures are followed
- Assists in the creation of standard operating procedures/guidelines and communicates such rules to staff
- Performance manages staff as appropriate, including discipline and evaluations
- Coaches and develops packaging line staff
- Communicates with brewing staff daily for updates
- Guarantees the daily start-up and cleanup procedures on all assigned packaging stations take place.
- Works with maintenance employees/personnel to assist with equipment problems and troubleshooting.
- May perform daily basic maintenance for machinery.
- May stack and palletize finished product and prepares for cold-room storage.
- May operate fork lift (training provided).
- May manually operate all phases of packaging in the case of machinery failure/maintenance.
- Minimizes waste by monitoring and controlling process and equipment performance
- Maximizes output by reducing downtime through monitoring and controlling changeover, maintenance and breakdown time.
- Manages employee timecards, and scheduling.
- Works with staff to ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
- May have to use computer for access SDS safety sheets/protocols, and interpret the protocols into actions.
- Trains, or coordinates the training, of each of the following for employees:
- can-filling machinery
- keg-filler machinery
- box-equipment machinery
- Fork lift operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3 years minimum experience in packaging or brewing operations
- 1 year minimum managerial experience
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and remain on call when necessary
- Efficient knowledge of specialized equipment, machinery and operations
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interpret technical bulletins and schematics of equipment related to work
- Ability to distinguish color for safety signs
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office