National Accounts Manager
Full Sail Brewing Co
Apply for Job
The National Accounts Manager position owns delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with major national and regional on and off-premise chains. This position enhances the awareness and preference of our brands by creating impactful relationships, data driven insights and effective planning and programming to achieve high profile, high volume and recurring wins. This person has a strategic impact on the company’s brand development, innovation and program delivery, helping to hardwire the company’s success in revenue and margin contribution through effective sales and commercial execution.
You must not only be passionate about our craft but for execution as well. Must have a passion for sales, be a craft beverage fan, take pride in driving new categories, driving growth, managing mix and margin and helping our customers and team to win.
LOCATION: West Coast, Mountain or Pacific Northwest
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plans.
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives balancing product mix and profitability at all steps along the way.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain specific programs that are consistent with the company’s brand image and awareness and pay a long-term return on the investment required.
- Effectively communicate with the brewery field sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against schematics, mandated product authorizations, programs and hunting efforts.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Prepare and present quarterly or trimester reviews for management highlighting execution against plan and current opportunities and plans. Communicate ongoing, what’s working, what’s not, wins, losses and needs to ensure success.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Develop and share best practices across the company.
- Plan and manage resources to address chain account opportunities and assist or own driving distributor goals, plans and reviews against POD, velocity and programming targets.
- Conduct retail account staff training as required and survey the market to ensure distributors are tracking to execution and competition.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Time management: Effectively manage time and travel when calling on distributors along with National & Key Account buyers.
- Developing metrics dashboards and KPIs with others to measure our impact by channel, program and aggregate.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies. Adult beverage sales experience strongly preferred.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- MBA and bachelor’s degree is preferred or relevant combination of experience
- 5-10+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to national and regional on and off-premise chain accounts.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI, VIP and other like sources (e.g., Nielson, SPINS, etc.) to position schematic, authorization, hunting, programming and program execution.
- Demonstrated results managing complex sales, sales programs, and portfolios of initiatives through excellent influence skills. Demonstrated ability and proven track record in driving process, efficiency, and growth improvements/results.
- Demonstrated network connections in the domain and relationships with players serving it a strong preference.
- An effective manager with strong execution skills that is entrepreneurial, astute, and has a passion for getting into the details where appropriate to make effective decisions and drive results.
- A flexible and agile person that recognizes what and when ‘good enough’ is and is willing to draw line in the sand to get started with and improve upon. Able to quickly assess without complete information and drive forward progress under ambiguous circumstances.
- Big picture thinker, strategic, but able to distill functions and business interactions into tactical/detailed process and workflows in order to drive improvements and efficiency gains.
- Effective demonstration of analytical skills, change management, and financial acumen.
- An effective and persuasive communicator with outstanding presence, presentation and negotiation skills that constantly strives for simplicity and clarity.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Delivers projects and initiatives within budgetary guidelines.
- Proficiency with business intelligence, CRM, forecasting, dashboarding and Microsoft office tools.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamix AX, SAP Business One, Sage or others.
- Ability to travel frequently to achieve objectives.