Fremont Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Fremont Brewing is currently seeking a Full-Time Packaging Operator based out of our West facility in Ballard. The Packaging Operator is part of the Packaging department and reports to the Packaging Manager. Primary responsibilities include operating our canning line machinery, bottling line machinery, kegging line, quality assurance checks, preventative maintenance, and cleaning. The ideal candidate should be open to work first, second or weekend shifts in alignment with fluctuating production needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all packaging equipment
- Collaborate with brewing, cellar, and warehouse departments to ensure timely production
- Maintaining company standards and perform QA/QC checks
- Observe and comply to all Fremont Brewing safety standards
- Strive for the utmost level of cleanliness throughout packaging hall and equipment
- Understand the fundamentals of packaging and equipment operations
- Strive for constant improvement of all packaging functions
- Perform basic maintenance and repair of packaging equipment
- Remain flexible and willing to help with any task around the brewery
- Preform other production related duties as assigned by Packaging Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Brewery, production, or homebrewing experience preferred
- An obsessive dedication to quality and detail
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Must be self-motivated and thorough in their daily activities
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the fly
- A love of beer and working in a fun team-oriented environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting to 50 lbs., moving up to 160 lbs.)
- Climbing ladders in accordance with company safety protocols
- Ability to work safely around moving mechanical parts
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending, etc.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.