Field Sales Representative - Los Angeles
Odell Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Odell Brewing Company, a family and co-worker owned industry-leading craft brewery, based in Fort Collins Colorado, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic team member to manage sales and distribution of our brands in Southern California. This position will be based in the Los Angeles area.
ABOUT ODELL BREWING
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional service to its customers while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through its outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 29th largest craft brewery in the United States and currently distributes in 20 states. In 2015, Odell sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
The Field Sales Rep (FSR) is responsible to work closely with our wholesale partner as a value-added resource for the Odell brand portfolio. The FSR will achieve volume, revenue, and sales results through effective management of distributor and account relationships while working to increase Points of Distribution (PODs).
- Introduce retailers to Odell beers in both on and off premise to build brand awareness and sales
- Develop relationships with on and off premise retailers in 40+ accounts per week within assigned market
- Effectively manage existing business relationships
- Prospect new business according to sales goals and expectations
- Maintain Odell Brewing on and off premise marketing and distribution standards in the territory
- Daily CRM reporting and distributor communication
- Support on and off premise chain business
- Implement and execute all sales and marketing programs with wholesalers and retailers
- Perform 1 on premise promotion per week
- Perform 1 off premise promotion/tasting per week
- Work with wholesaler sales force 1-2 times per month
- Coordinate, negotiate and staff events and sponsorships affiliated with Odell Brewing brands including, but not limited to: account resets, tap takeovers, tastings, beer dinners and festivals
- Regularly survey market and analyze market trends, pricing, and competition
- Comply with all company policies and procedures ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
- Ability to incorporate business math into sales appointments
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant experience and education required
- Employment is contingent upon successful clearance of a pre-employment motor vehicle record screening.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least 2-3 years of sales experience in the beer/beverage industry preferred
- Proficiency and experience using a CRM system
- Strong understanding of 3-tier system
- Chain experience preferred
- Highly organized and able to hit tight deadlines, with limited direction and supervision
- Daytime and some overnight travel is required
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Interest and excitement to work in diverse environments
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism among team members, industry peers and wholesale partners
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with a positive attitude toward the craft beer business
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including verbal and written communication to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Use of iDig reporting system & karma CRM
Odell Brewing offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Health, dental, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance
- 401k with a company match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Beer Allotment
- Parental Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Company vehicle provided
If you think you are the person we are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you. Qualified and interested individuals, please submit a completed application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “SoCal FSR” in the subject line by April 18th, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.