Blind Pig Brewing
Apply for this Job
The Blind Pig opened its brewpub in 2009 and expanded into our production facility in 2016. Blind Pig Brewing is well established brewery, known throughout its footprint for delivering clean, true to style, delicious beer in a diverse variety of styles.
- Managing all aspects of our 2 steam heated brewing systems - 10 BBL brewhouse with 9x 20 BBL and 1x 40 BBL fermenters plus 2x 20 BBL bright tanks, along with a separate 4 BBL system with 6x 4 BBL fermenters and 2x 4 BBL brights. Both brewhouses and all fermenters manufactured by Specific Mechanical. Other components includes a 3 compartment CIP system, a brand new ALPHA can line, and a semiautomatic keg washer/filler.
- Monitoring fermenting beer and all cellar work
- Packaging finished product, including canning, keg washing, and keg filling
- Work with local apple orchard, transport freshly pressed juice and ferment into hard cider
- Maintaining proper record keeping, including using EKOS
- Supervise and train assistant brewing staff
- Work with Owner and Director of Operations to adapt and develop beers along with industry trends
- Be 21 or over
- Able to lift 55 lbs and manuever 165 lbs
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a production brewery setting, 1000 BBL/yr or higher
- Brewing School degree is not required but is a big plus
- Broad troubleshooting knowledge of steam boilers, electrical systems, glycol chillers, pumps, and PLC controllers is a big plus
- Friendly, hard-working, and willing to interact directly with customers
- Willing to relocate to the Champaign area
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.