Director of Finance & Operations
Apply for Job
Fullsteam Brewery is actively seeking to hire a highly motivated, self-driven person to lead and manage our Administration and Production teams. As the Director of Finance & Operations, you will oversee the brewery’s financial planning and daily accounting operations, ensure adherence to all compliance necessary for a brewery of our size and scope, and work with our production leaders to manage procurement through fulfillment. While you don’t have to have experience specifically in the brewing industry, we are looking for someone with exposure to manufacturing and sales oriented businesses. This role is responsible for creating and managing financial policies and processes; creating, reviewing and auditing financial reports; forecasting production, financials, and cash flow; developing a financial strategy and guidance, and ensuring governmental compliance. You will work closely with our management team to ensure that the brewery is run smoothly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Work with CEO to design and implement all business strategies, plans and procedures
- Help foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners
- Understand the nuances of a brewery business, and its market
- Maintain Fullsteam's mission-driven focus on local agriculture, yet with an awareness of the challenges that come with sourcing local ingredients
- Direct and advise the finance team, providing guidance as needed for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintain General Ledger and subledger accounts, ensuring accurate and timely processing and reporting
- Maintain regulatory compliance, preparing and completing all required federal and state forms and reports as they apply to our size and distribution
- Manage and maintain daily and annual cash flow and budget adherence
- Provide financial forecasts and budgets to management in order to facilitate future operational planning. Assure budget and strategic plans align and correspond
- Report and process all applicable state excise taxes, ensure appropriate reporting and document retention
- Work with Fullsteam Accountant on advanced bookkeeping matters, tax planning, etc.
- This position will change and expand with Fullsteam’s growth, so other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion
- Work closely with Head Brewer and Production Manager to plan overall brew schedule and packaging schedule
- Maintain awareness of inventory of long lead-time/high volume packaging materials and order appropriately for upcoming production schedule
- Coordinate with third-party distributors for ordering, delivery planning, and forecasting of brand production and sales
- Sincere understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in fundraising, strategic planning, and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong financial fluency and long-term planning skills, high level of understanding of basic and advanced accounting and finance principles
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and costs for brewery and restaurant preferred, or similar experience
- Ability to analyze information and adhere to a financial budget/P&L
- Ability to utilize such programs as Arryved POS, Ekos (or similar), MS Office, and QuickBooks
- Must embody Fullsteam’s core values.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field strongly preferred. Proven work experience in a relatable or similar field with hands-on experience and increasing responsibility within AR/AP systems and financial operations.
- Brewery accounting/inventory management experience a plus!
- A mentality focused on productivity, helpfulness, and a positive attitude.
- Must be 21 years of age or older