North Carolina Sales Representative
NoDa Brewing Company
Apply for Job
NoDa Brewing Company is seeking a self-motivated and results driven individual to help build its brand in North Carolina. This representative should possess a passion for craft beer and building relationships with distributors, retailers, and consumers. Demonstrating proficiency at managing existing accounts and building new business. The ideal candidate will be a fearless, charismatic professional committed to our vision and core principles. They must also embrace the joyful journey towards achieving our business objectives. These include distributor meetings, promotional events, festivals as well as daily sales route duties. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, knowledge of craft beer, and a desire to work with a focused, accountable, goal driven team.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Representative fulfills several key roles in the sales and marketing departments. The Sales Representative represents the brand in both public and private settings. As such, they are expected to represent the products of the brand and the core values of the company in exemplary fashion.
LOCATION: Ideal candidate should live in the Triad area of North Carolina.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have at least two years of experience in craft beer or alcoholic beverage or distributor sales, selling B2B.
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator and good negotiator, with the ability to problem solve on the fly.
- Work to introduce and sell NoDa products in NC distributor footprint.
- Responsible for the sale of products on premise accounts, as well as new accounts, visiting accounts to take orders, check inventories, meet for seasonal menu planning when needed, QC checks, and to sample and properly educate buyers on products current and new.
- Responsible for event planning, creation, coordination, and execution at the local account level as well as for large format festivals. Responsible for Beer 101 training when requested at the account level. Responsible for multi-level organization, planning, and execution of inter-industry co-marketed events. Responsible for diagnosing and problem-solving issues with specialized draft and packaging equipment as needed, as well as at the account level when necessary.
- Work with the Sales Manager to achieve quarterly and yearly objectives.
- Perform a minimum of 40 in person sales calls a week.
- Build and execute daily route sales strategy to drive distribution, rates of sale and volume.
- Speak with intelligence and passion to the public about NoDa culture and products.
- Execute chain programming and marketing in the retail and distributor tiers.
- Communicate with leadership and distributors your KPI action items for execution.
- Completes any other reasonable request by a supervisor in a reasonable time frame.
- Practices a culture of safety.
- Must be able to adhere to all state and federal alcohol laws pertaining to the sale, merchandise, and promotion of brewery products.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to apply for and obtain a state alcohol distributor sales license. (No DUIs or alcohol related offenses in the past 7 years.)
- Participates in weekly meetings relevant to his/her job position.
- Informs management of any sub-standard representations of the brand.
- Keeps management informed of safety issues, equipment needs, or product issues within his/ her job position.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with NoDa Brewing’s core vision, principles and values.
- Ability to use a smartphone to access and effectively use company choice of internal sales software to run reports, place orders, and communicate account needs, as well as use of company choice of group communication software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve goals company-wide.
- Ability to identify off-flavors in beers at the account level for distribution partners or local businesses, and show disaster management skills on the fly, as well as problem solving.
- Ability to show basic knowledge of draft beverage systems, including ability to fix minor issues as needed.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task 3-5 SMART core priorities each quarter.
- Must be able to adapt to the changing work environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members in a respectful and timely fashion.
- Self-Starter will live in the Triad.
- Must be able to travel to other North Carolina Distributor Markets including overnight stays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is required to be on his/her feet for a large portion of the day/shift. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel tools or controls; must be able to lift and/or move heavy objects including kegs; must be able to move 165 pounds of mass off the ground.
- Must be able to sustain constant mental and visual attention.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle and use a company credit card/gas card, and show proper judgment in use of both.
- Production environment, including hot areas, sharp objects, heavy machinery, and fast moving equipment
- Indoor and outdoor environments, including driving, walking, using precise tools, and use of hand trucks or pallet jack to move heavy equipment as needed.
- Flexible schedule that can vary from week to week; some evenings and weekends may be necessary to work as needed for industry events and festivals.
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan with company match, Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, Professional Development resources, Company Vehicle and Cell Phone stipend.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 11, 2021