Asst. Brewer - Entry level
Brick West Brewin Co.
Apply for this Job
F/T Asst. Brewer– Brick West Brewing - SPOKANE, WA
Brick West Brewing Co. is a start-up brewery in the heart of downtown Spokane’s West End. We brewed our first batch in Oct. 2019 and opened our taproom in January 2020. As we slowly regain our pre-shutdown momentum and our production increases, we are looking to hire a full-time brewery employee to assist in production related activity. This position will report to and work alongside the Head Brewer and Lead Brewer. Tentative start date for this position is mid-April – May. Shift schedule will vary and will include early mornings, late nights, long days and some weekends.
Previous brewery/brewing experience is required. This is an ideal situation for someone looking to grow their brewing career, a recent graduate of a brewing education program, or an advanced homebrewer who can display a thorough knowledge of commercial brewing procedures.
The ideal candidate should be willing to do anything within the company; from scrubbing tank feet and washing kegs, to serving beer at festivals and cleaning the draft lines in the taproom. The ideal applicant should be able to grow with the company and will assume more responsibility as the brewery transitions through continued phases of growth. Beginning responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keg washing and racking
- Beer transfer and clarification
- Assisting w/ canning
- Analysis and measurement; Gravity, ph, temperature, vCO2, cell count
- Brewery cleaning; CIP everything
- Draft line cleaning and maintenance
As production demands increase, training will include:
- Transfer and filtration
- Milling and grain handling
- Yeast handling
- Brewhouse and advanced cellar operations
The ideal candidate:
- Is hardworking and passionate about beer; especially lagers and hop forward styles
- Highly attentive to detail and is able to effectively multi-task
- Listens well and acts according to direction, communicates well verbally as well as written
- Works well independently as well as part of a team
- Is willing to learn and continually strives to increase brewing knowledge
- Is willing to work early mornings, late nights, long days and some weekends
- Can handle the physical demands of brewery labor: standing, squatting, walking, carrying, lifting, seeing and listening
- Maintains proper hygiene
- Forklift experience
- Sensory experience (cicerone/BJCP)
- Science based background
- Trade skills: Welding, electrical, plumbing
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel. Familiar w/ EKOS Brewmaster
- Good penmanship
If you feel you have what it takes to join the team, please apply by sending your resume as well as describing your industry experience, why your skills would be a good fit for this position and a bit about yourself. Additionally, please note your favorite hop for brewing lager style beers, and why, in your response.
Thanks for your interest in being part of the Brick West team!