Retail Operations Manager
Apply for this Job
RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Reuben’s has grown significantly over the past few years, presenting the need for this expanded role. This role will report to the General Manager and has the primary goals of ensuring the smooth day to day management of retail operations, a strong retail operations organization and the achievement of operational and strategic goals. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Leadership, Management and Accountability for retail operations;
- Pouring delight for customers;
- Manage retail inventory;
- Run special projects as applicable.
The successful applicant will be a part of the brewery’s senior management team and work closely with the Co-Founders and the rest of leadership on the strategic direction of the business.
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We are the most decorated brewery in Washington, have three brewhouses with two tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 we brewed 24,000 BBLs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leadership, Management and Accountability for retail operation locations:
- Run the day-to-day operations of our retail locations (taprooms);
- Provide leadership to your teams as needed;
- Assists direct reports with employee training, coaching, corrective action, complaints and problem resolution;
- Have full responsibility of the financial performance of retail operations – understanding cost drivers, managing costs, delegating responsibility as applicable;
- Be a key member of the senior management team;
- Be able to speak to results, question numbers, work variances back into forecast updates, build budgets.
- Pour delight for customers:
- Modeling a “customer first” culture and promoting Reuben’s Brews as an enthusiastic brand ambassador;
- Think “Glass Backwards” and identify new ideas to help Pour Delight for customers;
- Instill a focus on excellence through the whole team, focused on giving the best possible customer experience.
- Run special projects as applicable
- Project manage large retail operations projects, ensuring projects are delivered with quality and on time;
- Work with the Co-Founders and management team to collaboratively build the brewery’s strategic direction;
- Lead the drive towards Beer Unbound– good isn’t good enough, our beer and processes need to improve every day – continual improvement needs to be engrained in our culture.
At a very minimum to be considered, you must have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a multi-faceted management role successfully leading multiple retail locations, ideally within the beer or beverage industry;
- Extremely strong leadership and people management skills, with a proven track record of successfully supporting and growing your team;
- Strong systems experience, beer / beverage industry a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategically, execute tactically and provide leadership to others;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently;
- A college degree an advantage;
- Ability to work and thrive in virtual collaboration spaces as needed;
- Be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
In addition to these minimum requirements, we expect the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A Glass Backwards mentality – taking unique, solution focused approaches to problems;
- A proven track record of Inspired Action – Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must;
- A focus on Pouring Delight for both internal and external customers;
- A drive for Success as One Team – a team focused approach to achieve results;
Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands. Roles and responsibilities may evolve over the years reflecting the growth and maturity of the brewery.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. In additional to managing toward continued operational excellence and innovation, our Retail Operations Manager must have an engaging and kind disposition that contributes to our success as a team. We also expect that the successful applicant will possess emotional intelligence; (i.e., self-awareness; self-management; empathy; motivation and social skills) and use those skills to contribute greatly to our already exceptional team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, career development opportunities and the exciting opportunity to help us craft a wonderful future.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews, an explanation of your key learnings from running multiple retail locations, and a strategic plan of how we could improve the Reuben’s retail experience, to email@example.com. Cheers!