Head Brewer/Brewing Operations Manager
Community Brewing Ventures
Apply for this Job
The Head Brewer is responsible for oversight of our brewing operation and includes scheduling of our brewery staff, recipe formulation, and shift brewing in our 10 barrel brewhouse, yeast handling and management, separation(centrifuge), packaging and cleaning of equipment. Required skills include the ability to operate in any position within the brewery, strong organizational and communication skills, and an optimistic outlook on brewing complexity and developing a "one team mentality". Our Head Brewer will be a great technical brewer, safety conscious, and a quality focused manager.
• 2-5 years professional brewing experience in a production/packaging brewery
• Brewing education is preferred
• Brewing science background including chemistry and biology
• Mechanical and general brewery troubleshooting skills
• Time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to lead, manage, and motivate their team
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Flexibility to work as required
Community Brewing Ventures is a unique work environment opportunity! We discover, produce and promote the most innovative craft brands in the beverage industry. We are home to over nine brands spanning craft beer, kombucha and spiked seltzer and are continuing to grow! Community Brewing Ventures will regularly host new brands and Brewmasters from across the nation.