Hiring 3 New Brewery Representatives - San Diego, Bay Area and Arizona (Multiple Positions)
Coronado Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Coronado Brewing Company Job Posting: Hiring 3 New Brewery Representatives in CA and AZ (Multiple Positions)
Locations Per Opening:
- San Diego, CA
- Bay Area, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
Reports to: Director of Sales
The Coronado Brewing Company is continuing to grow rapidly, and has immediate openings for self-motivated individuals who are ambitious and ready to make a difference. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the craft brewing industry. In this dynamic position, you will be an ambassador for our great beer, help build and maintain professional sales relationships with wholesalers and consumers, as well as become a champion of quality assurance in the marketplace.
Ideal candidates will reside in each of the below areas for each of the three open Brewery Representative jobs;
- Brewery Representative San Diego - Must reside in San Diego, with a preference in North County, San Diego
- Brewery Representative Bay Area - Must reside in San Francisco, East Bay, or San Jose
- Brewery Representative Arizona - Must reside in Phoenix, Arizona
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Market Development:
- Achieve specified account goals
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within the industry.
- Communication with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Become acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in your market
- Work with distributors on a weekly basis, plan/attend promos/staff trainings, land new bottle and draft placements at regional accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night.
- Conducting wait staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Distributor/Market Knowledge:
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of Coronado Brewing Company and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s), such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, sales reps, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Develop understanding of how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride alongs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all Coronado Brewing Company products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received, and business is growing at accounts
- Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Must reside in the specific geographic area's listed in the "Job Summary" section above
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace.
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history, and its product offerings
- Great judgment and professional maturity
- General knowledge of brewing process
- General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors, and understanding how to work with different trade channels
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days, including weekend events
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Administrative ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Must have a clean driving record (Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates)
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Compensation: CBC offers a competitive salary, bonus, benefits, auto allowance. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume, cover letter and salary requirements, and please be specific with which of the Open Brewery Representative jobs you are applying for in the Subject line