Field Sales Manager
Torch & Crown Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Torch & Crown Brewing Company is Manhattan’s Brewery. We exist to embody the ambition, vibrancy, diversity, and progress that defines New York City. We are here to bring New York City closer to beer than it’s ever been before.
The Field Sales Manager is a critical member of the Torch & Crown team, and is responsible for growing sales and market share of Torch & Crown’s portfolio within the New York City market. This position will concentrate on key retailers (both on- and off-premise), assigned priority areas of New York City, and general business development efforts. The Field Sales Manager will spend approximately 80% of their time in retail execution.
- Accomplish sales goals in accordance with our annual sales planning process
- Be an active participant in sales/marketing strategy – We need someone who is willing and eager to help steer the ship alongside the rest of the team
- Call on existing account base within New York City market to obtain new points of distribution, execute promotional activity and increase market share for Torch & Crown Brewing Company
- Solicit new business to increase volume share within the New York City market
- Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute against those opportunities
- Manage weekly sales orders and communication with Torch & Crown distribution team
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point-of-sale materials within market and according to Torch & Crown brand standards
- Generate sales by maintaining and increasing shelf facings and positioning at key retailers within New York City
- Act as a Torch & Crown Brand Ambassador and Field Quality expert, diagnosing and addressing retail quality concerns and collaborating with Torch & Crown management on best practices and next steps
- Coordinate events and promotions to deliver greater brand awareness and stimulate sales in New York City (once events are a thing again of course)
- Conduct staff educations, beer tastings and other events as needed
- Provide exceptional service to all accounts with the goal of becoming their craft beer consultant
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3+ years relevant sales/account management experience within craft beverage industry (Wine/Spirits also acceptable with NYC market knowledge)
- Connections, and experience dealing, with greater NYC area retail managers and decision makers – an affinity for waiting for buyers to finish that “meeting” doesn’t hurt
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and capability to learn in-house CRM and sales management software
- Inquisitive personality and a drive to improve procedures
- In-depth knowledge of beer styles, production brewing, and a keen eye for industry trends
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Uncompromising work ethic, persistence, and energy – someone who takes pride in their work and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record – personal vehicle is preferred (Vehicle allowance offered)
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required
- Ability to handle long periods of standing/walking, the ability to lift 20-50 lbs without assistance, comfort moving full kegs (165 lbs) as needed, and the patience to respond to beer festival patrons asking you “Do you have any IPA’s?” for multiple hours
- Top pay. We believe our people are our single greatest asset, and we compensate competitively through base salary, an uncapped commission structure, and performance based quarterly bonuses.
- Exceptional Benefits. Healthcare/dental/vision coverage; 401(k); generous personal time off (PTO) policy, including vacation and sick days; maternity and paternity leave; The ability to earn ownership in our company.
- Upward mobility. We’re a small company now, but as we grow through our two locations and multiple business segments, we will need a proactive team. Our sales team is growing and we are looking for someone who is driven to take on more responsibility and a leadership position as it becomes relevant.
- A tightly knit team, and a culture built around everyone’s success. We work hard towards our common goals, and we’re consciously building a team who wants to have each other’s back.
- Complete transparency. We’ll communicate precisely our vision and how we’re executing it. We don’t expect you to blindly follow orders, and we’ll never ask anything of you without communicating the “why” behind it.