Brewery Quality Control Manager
Full Sail Brewing Co
Apply for Job
The Brewery Quality Control Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the routine brewing and packaging material quality programs and functions. These include maintaining all HACCP, food safety records, plant audits, mock recall programs and training the plant on these issues and procedures. The QC Manager will also work with the R&D team on new product launches.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians and engineers.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop training methods.
- Manages and directs the quality assurance activities for the plant, to include microbiology, sanitation, finished product analysis, package integrity testing, HACCP/GMP, and process control.
- Provides effective supervision to Lab Technicians, by providing coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Maintain Lab staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the HACCP plan, including GMP auditing and corrective action plan development.
- Investigates reports and formulates corrective action plans on plant specific consumer complaints.
- Manage plant audits for housekeeping programs and coordinate improvement activities with other managers.
- Manage the maintenance of microbiological monitoring programs and direct sanitation programs.
- Assist supervisors in resolving Quality Control issues, tracking quality trends, recommending and implementing plans to improve quality and production efficiency.
- Maintain all relevant paperwork and budgetary demands.
- Direct quality work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Provide quality improvement education to the workforce through regular team meetings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Focuses entire plant on quality, service, safety and cost as a top priority.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering related field or appropriate equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in high-speed packaging (preferably in the food or beverage industry). Brewery experience a plus.
- Experience in quality control testing procedures and internal and external sanitation of beverage equipment with a clear understanding of all aspects of blending, product attributes recordkeeping, yields, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
- Data recording and exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills required.
- Solid business acumen including management, analytical, problem-thinking, project management, business writing and reporting skills.
- Strong organization, communication, and collaborative skills are essential.
- Must be able to maintain and organize design of experiments and a materials lab.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize independently.
- Understands and can implement all OSHA required training.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full-Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
Must have manual dexterity. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.