Machines Technical Support Specialist
American Canning Machines
Apply for this Job
Who is American Canning Machines?
At American Canning Machines, we take pride in helping small-scale beverage producers share their craft in cans. We do this by providing customers with machines that are specifically designed to work well in a craft beverage facility. From compact footprints to compact budgets, we focus on the real machinery needs of the craft beverage maker. The culture and spirit of ACM is to constantly look for ways to improve the company, from our machines and production processes, to our culture and facilities.
We’re looking for an energetic individual with a shared passion for craft to join our Support Team. We are based in Austin, Texas, but distribute our canning machines to craft beverage producers around the world.
What is the job?
American Canning Machines is seeking a technical support staff member who can help our customers utilize our equipment to its full potential. This team member will help customers set their equipment up, use it effectively for the first time, and help them trouble shoot issues throughout the life of the equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Communicating effectively with customers – the most important aspect of the role.
- Thorough understanding of the functionality and maintenance of American Canning Machines equipment.
- Understanding of how to package beer and other beverages using our equipment and with a keen ability to translate for beginner users and those unfamiliar with automation equipment to achieve successful use of their equipment.
- Helping create content to support our customers in the best use of their equipment.
- On and off-site machine set-up and troubleshooting.
- Communicating with engineering if failures are occurring outside of known issues – you will be an advocate on the customer’s behalf if improvements are necessary.
What is required?
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter that is able to problem solve on the fly and effortlessly communicate with both the customer and engineering team. This position will also be responsible for communicating with engineering if failures are occurring outside of the known issues and help advocate to the team on the customer’s behalf if improvements are necessary.
- Superior listening and communication abilities – must have impeccable verbal and descriptive communication abilities.
- Must be a strong customer advocate. Your objective and responsibility is to ensure our customers are happy with their equipment experience and will naturally want to refer our products to the community.
- Must be well adept at mechanical and electrical trouble shooting to determine the cause of the issues the customer is experiencing.
- Must have strong attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Must enjoy coming up with creative solutions to difficult or unforeseen problems.
- Must work well in a collaborative team setting.
- Demonstrated eagerness to develop new skill sets and learn about new equipment.
- Experience repairing industrial automation equipment.
- Experience instructing and teaching others.
- Have experience in beverage packaging and/or production with a passion for craft beverages.
- Have experience working in a small businesses environment.