Brewery Operations Manager
Apply for this Job
The Operations Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating the entire brewing process from raw ingredients to packaging. To perform this role, the ideal candidate must manage and develop our small staff, efficiently and effectively organize brewhouse schedules, ensure adequate raw materials are available, maintain all brewing equipment and consistently ensure high-quality beers that are on-brand, on-time, and on-budget. This person works closely with the executive management team to ensure that the brewing process remains consistent and that beer production goals are being met.
To be successful, the Operations Manager must:
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate the entire brewing process from acquisition of raw materials to packaging and inventory of finished products.
- Manage brewers and cellarpersons to ensure precise fermentation conditions, techniques, and processes.
- Create weekly and monthly brewing, packaging, cleaning, and inventory schedules in Ekos.
- Create bi-weekly staffing schedules that accomplish production goals and maintain a healthy work-life balance for all production staff.
- Manage schedule changes and oversee all communication with the departments that may be affected.
- Track time-off and sick days for all production staff.
- Work with the head brewer to formulate recipes and ensure high-quality products.
- Implement a formal lab program within two years of hire.
- Work with materials suppliers, placing orders for all raw ingredients and packaging materials.
- Ensure the superb quality of our beers, instituting appropriate laboratory procedures and tasting panels as necessary for evaluation.
- Organize and oversee QA/QC programs.
- Review and implement all necessary SOPs
- Work with the management team to forecast brewery costs and yearly production schedules/goals.
- Work with the sales team to integrate sales projections and schedules that will inform production.
- Supervise brewery staff to create a strong, efficient, and effective team of individuals.
- Manage brewery staff (both daily and in quarterly and yearly performance reviews) to help each person achieve their individual development goals.
- Enforce occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure the brewery’s cleanliness at both the production and cellar spaces.
- Formal brewing education or Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Several years experience in brewery management
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Options for health insurance and other benefits eligible within 30 days..
To apply, please mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.