Wild Mind Ales
Apply for Job
Wild Mind Artisan Ales is on the hunt for the best and the brightest brew enthusiasts! A small, family-owned, neighborhood brewery, we are recruiting for several positions. Go-getters and fun-lovers who seek a cool, collaborative and fast-paced workplace with a transparent culture are encouraged to apply.
We specialize in hand-crafting wild beers and creating fun, unique experiences for our guests and employees alike. The emphasis, here, is on making every day, every beer a one of a kind with our different ways to ferment, from coolship and stainless steel to oak foeders and oak barrels.
Embracing our “make every day different” formula, we offer an eclectic mix of ales that is second to none and includes sours, spontaneous, IPA, stouts and lagerbiers. Furthering our goals, Wild Mind features a spirited Tasting Room, a fun space with a welcoming vibe that is all about gathering.
Come be a part of our brewery team. Opportunity knocks for those who will align with our superior standards and will push themselves to perform at their highest levels every day, even when no one is looking.
Wild Mind Artisan Ales is looking for a full-time (40 hours / week) Brewer to join our brewing staff in Minneapolis, MN. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and knowledgeable person to join our brewing team to help us craft wild ales and continue to grow. Candidate ideally has some experience in the brewing industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All duties related to wort production
- CIP/Sanitation of fermenters, brite tanks, and the rest of the brewhouse
- Working with barrels/foeders: filling, transferring, blending, cleaning, and maintenance
- Cellar work including beer transfers, dry-hopping, and carbonating
- Adhere to rigorous cleaning procedures and maintenance for all the brewing equipment based on the SOPs (daily, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Monitoring carbonation/priming prior to packaging
- Packaging beer (bottles and crowlers)
- Work safely with strong chemicals
- Following set safety rules to ensure a safe work environment
- Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in brewery/cellar and entire facility
- Assist with other brewery production duties as-needed
- Previous Brewer experience preferred
- Experience in materials handling and manufacturing operations, preferably food and beverage
- Ability to work strange hours, including some nights and weekends
- Able to work with limited supervision and make informed decisions independently
- Problem-solving and mechanical skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects (55 lbs) repeatedly and safely
- Ability to occasionally move heavy objects (160+ lbs)
- Ability to work safely on ladders and other elevated platforms
- Ability to safely operate vehicles and material handling equipment, such as vans, trucks, hand trucks, etc.
Compensation and Benefits:This position is full-time and paid by the hour. Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications. Wild Mind offers paid holidays and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Wild Mind Artisan Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.