Sales Internships - Chicago-land
Apply for Job
Revolution Brewing has exciting opportunities for energetic and enthusiastic interns to work with our Sales team to represent Rev in downtown Chicago. Our interns work directly with our local distributor, under the guidance of your local manager. You'll learn how to perform data analysis of our current and previous sales info, pinpointing areas where we can grow or resume sales using Excel and our sales CRM, and then reaching out to continue or resume our relationship with the account. You'll visit stores that sell our beer (off-premise) and, if they’re open, schedule visits with restaurants and bars (on-premise), armed with sales information and current pricing info, to ensure Rev is the preferred beer to sell and consume. It's a mix of using communications/people skills to sell in Revolution beer and processing through spreadsheet data to effectively reach sales targets.
This internship will cover the our downtown Chicago territory. When applying, please give the address (or approximate address) of where you will be staying this fall if different than your resume address. There will be travel to nearby accounts so only local applicants will be considered. This internship is a paid position ($15/hour + mileage if visiting accounts) that will last until approximately Labor Day, with the option to work part-time during the fall if you reside in an area where we sell beer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Download weekly data reports from sales software to determine account focus for communications and/or scheduled visits.
- Learn how to schedule and execute off-premise store visits for refreshing beer displays and visiting store buyers to execute selling programs.
- Communicate with local distributor partner on account follow-up or product lines sold into stores or restaurants. It's important to relay what Rev does to help support their sales, so written communication skills are a must on your end and we'll help you improve your presentation/verbal skills!
- Learn how 3-tier beer/alcohol sales work, along with allocation of marketing dollars with various sales programs.
- Distributing marketing materials to industry and interacting with the public as a representative of Revolution Brewing.
- Lead product samplings at both on- and off-premise accounts. With this portion of the role currently on hold with certain businesses, you’ll spend more of your time on digital communications and off-premise programming to offset this
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older (no exceptions).
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is required.
- Evening and weekend availability required, with ability to travel throughout the assigned territory area.
- Able to maneuver at least 50 lbs. repeatedly by yourself and maneuver heavier items with another person and appropriate machinery or aid.
- Able to stand in excess of 8 hours at a time.
- Craft beer knowledge is a plus; we are a brewery after all.
To apply, please complete an application at revbrew.com/employment if found on a non-school site (Revolution does not post to Monster, Careerbuilder, etc. and any posts not directly linking to our website may be false ads).