Area Sales Manager - North Chicago Suburbs
Apply for Job
Revolution Brewing is selling beer all across the north suburbs of Chicago, and with internal growth we’re now hiring an Area Sales Manager to work with our distributors from the north Chicago suburbs to the Wisconsin suburbs. In this role you’ll be the working directly with our 4 distributors to spread the Revolution to retail accounts and consumers. This position will be working primarily within the assigned area/distributor in the Northern Suburbs, specifically Town & Country, Joseph Mullarkey Distributing, Kloss Distributing and Chas Herdrich Distributing. You guessed it - a license and vehicle is required for this role.
Working with these solid distributor teams, your work will continue Rev’s role as the preferred craft beer supplier. Your time in the market 3-4 days a week will be spent showing love to our retail and restaurant/bar accounts, leading distributor sales meetings, and checking on program execution. Quarterly and annual business reviews and presentations will be on your plate, as you work with our Sales Analyst to create dynamic presentations that tell the story of Rev’s sales. The rest of your week will concentrate on communicating to your distributors and accounts, including regional chains in your territory. The result of all this hard work will lead to you crushing your assigned quarterly goals and target KPI’s specific to your distributors.
When the market allows, you (or your assigned summer intern) will have the opportunity samplings and promos to meet the voice of Rev’s marketing programs. You’ll also rep at local and regional festivals, and lead brand training with retailers, distributor partners and consumers.
You’ll Be Great in this Role Because You’ll:
- Have 3-5 years of experience working for a beer wholesaler or supplier within the Chicagoland market, along with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a reliable car and be able to travel; overnight travel will be required of this position.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially in Excel and pulling data from reports to figure out how you’re going to set up your week and account visits.
- Be extremely organized, have great follow up skills, and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Be able to work flexible hours as needed - beer requires evenings and weekends!
- Be able to maneuver 35-pound cases, as well as maneuver and place 168-lb kegs.