Untied Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Head Brewer, New Providence NJ
Untied Brewing Company a small micro brewery just over 2 years old. We have an attractive facility with all new equipment, taproom, outdoor area, and have some distribution throughout northern NJ. Our menu typically includes lagers, IPAs, stouts, sours, seltzers, and traditional ales.
We are looking for a head brewer to join our team. This position will report directly to ownership and work closely with other staff.
- Manage and perform all brewery processes including wort production, cellar work, packaging, cleaning, and yeast management
- Design best in class recipes and formulas that appeal to our existing and targeted customer base
- Manage and maintain inventory and ordering for brewery
- Create/maintain SOP’s for all brewery processes
- Manage sales and operations planning process
- Maintain professional and technical Knowledge
- Understand all safety regulations
- Participate in weekly meetings with management/ownership
- Handle routine maintenance of brewery equipment
- Maintain clean, neat and organized brewhouse and related areas
- Potentially make deliveries, attend festivals, or assist with the taproom as needed. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing, Chemistry or related science
- Minimum 3 years brewing experience at a production microbrewery
- Ability to “think outside the box” – use creative thinking and problem-solve
- Have some mechanical ability
- Be a self-starter and work well with little supervision
- Have an solid knowledge of beer styles and able to brew to customer’s expectations
- Have experience with barrel program
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Have a flexible schedule to attend festivals, local events
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com