Brewer - AM & PM Shifts - Portland, OR
Hopworks Urban Brewery
Apply for this Job
Hopworks is a B Corp dedicated to using beer as a force for good. Our brew sites are Salmon-Safe Certified, and we source Salmon-Safe hops and malt whenever possible. Our passionate and positive team creates exceptional beer and food with sustainable business practices that protect our planet and support our community. We are committed to the most conscientious and sustainable environmental and social practices possible. We are 75+ strong with a great team, effective safety protocols, fresh and innovative brews, and the support of our southeast Portland and east Vancouver communities.
As a dedicated B Corp, our team is passionate not only about beer, but our relationship with the planet and people. Like everyone, we are on a continuous journey of developing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive team and workplace. Our mission is to create exceptional beer and food with sustainable business practices that protect our planet and support our community. If you share our values, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking Brewers with experience in a high-volume facility who can work independently for part of their shift. Shifts are M-F, 6am-2pm and 11am-7pm. Our ideal candidate is a motivated, self-sufficient, detail-oriented team-player with strong safety, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
The starting pay range is $17-$20 per hour DOE plus benefits, paid time off, 401k Plan, and 50% discounts on HUB food/beer/gear.
TO APPLY… Submit cover letter, resume, and references. Tell us your favorite beer style and why you want to join our team.
- Minimum 2yrs experience – preferably in a facility that produces for packaged distribution.
- Experience with a 20 bbl, 3 vessel system (single infusion mash/lauter tun, kettle, whirlpool) or similar.
- Forklift experience preferred – HUB will provide training and certification as needed.
- Proven ability to adhere to strict workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift, and able to lift and carry up to 50lbs above waistline.
- Dependable attendance and flexible availability.
- OLCC permit.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform brew house operations, including milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool, and wort cooling.
- Work independently for approx. half of the shift, then close and secure the brewery and warehouse.
- Communicate and work with brewery team members to coordinate and track status of brews and resolve production issues and attend weekly production team meeting.
- Handle dock sales, deliveries and other production responsibilities as needed.
- CIP of brew house as scheduled.
- Perform designated QC and QA checks at various stages of brewing process.
- Complete necessary paperwork for all brewing activities including recording production and test data.
- Receive bulk grain deliveries (set up and clean up)
- Maintain hop and grain inventory.
- Log lot numbers and follow organic handling protocols.
- Handle yeast collection and pitching.
- Taste and sign beer for release, based on qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Perform equipment maintenance, basic repair and sanitation to maintain clean, safe and orderly work areas in brew house and cellar.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values and mission of Hopworks.
AS A HOPWORKS BREWERY TEAM MEMBER YOU GET THESE BENEFITS and PERKS:
- All necessary work gear & safety equipment.
- Paid Time Off is earned from Day 1.
- Health and Wellness Discount Plan available from Day 1.
- Health Insurance options after 60 days.
- 401k Plan after one year.
- 50% Discounts on HUB food, beer and merchandise!
- Discounts with community partners - Patagonia, Next Adventure, TREW, and more!
- Free Hopworks t-shirts and hat for your work uniform.
BE YOURSELF AND GROW WITH US
Hopworks Urban Brewery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Come as you are. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran’s status – or anything else that has nothing to do with being able to do the job. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace that includes team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and spread our values through incredible beer and food. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hopworks Urban Brewery is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.