Full Sail Brewing Co
Apply for Job
The Brewer is responsible for cellar work including monitoring fermentations temperature, pressure, gravity, pH and recoding data; CIP Fermenters/Brites/Brinks as production schedule dictates; collecting yeast; tank transfers; weekly maintenance and cleaning; meticulous record keeping for all cellar and brewing processes; scraping mash filter plates; collecting samples for quality checks; following all established SOP’s; organizing and preparing daily materials; brewery morning startup; accurate weigh in of material per recipe specification; maintaining brewhouse efficiency with good time management; following recipe process and meeting all critical process targets; and cleaning/CIP brewhouse.
- Sanitation involves the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees and numerous chemicals are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
Conformance to schedule and processes
- Responsible for the availability of fermenter space in accordance with brewing schedules.
- Must be able to maintain process efficiency to adhere to production schedule.
- To carry out and adhere strictly to the policies and procedures established by Full Sail Brewing Company in the areas of personnel, safety, and standards of operations.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented and "Safety First" environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Ability to independently work, manage time, and prioritize tasks.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude incorporating a strong and committed work ethic.
- Basic understanding of brewing and fermentation principles- including wort production, cellaring, yeast handling, and sanitation, strong mechanical background, understanding of quality assurance methods and techniques. Basic understanding of chemistry and biology.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Certificate or other advanced education in a science field preferred. Fermentation education a plus.
- Candidates must be 21 years or older
- 1 year previous brewing experience preferred.
- Employee is expected to maintain an exemplary level of sanitation in all related work areas.
- Position requires schedule flexibility to meet the requirements of the production schedule.
- Employee is adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to work both independently and in small work teams
- Must be able to read and understand a variety of scientific instruments and calculations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.