Customer Service Representative - HandCraft
Brewers Supply Group
Apply for this Job
Customer Service Representative
Shakopee, MN or remote work position in Western US Region
In support of long-term growth and sustainability, the Customer Service Representatives serve as the primary interface between BSG and our US client base in a professional team environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position primarily supports customers and warehouses in the western US. Shakopee, MN -based employees would potentially work a west-coast time schedule. Western US-based employee may work remotely.
- Ability to learn new processes will enable you to address incoming client and vendor issues ranging anywhere from billing inquiries to order changes
- Proactively learn product lines to suggest substitutions and equivalents when customers place orders.
- Handling all customer service needs, ensuring customer retention, processing customer account adjustments, and recommending potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Working cross-functionally with various departments, you will regularly interface with the warehouse staff to coordinate order fulfillment and sales team staff to maximize positive customer experiences.
- Provide reliable follow-through to all customers while handling a variety of issues including the creation of service tickets.
- Provide excellent service to all BSG customers – internal and external.
- Process customer orders accurately and efficiently
- Create and manage shared spreadsheets and other documents to track customer needs
- Work with customers to resolve any issues and answer any inquiries.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information
- Research freight rates and coordinate deliveries with carriers
- Coordinate order fulfillment with BSG warehouse staff.
- Communicate daily with sales and warehouse staff.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Act as a resource for resolving customer issues while operating within the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Represent BSG in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Education/Experience: One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training, especially order desk or customer order fulfilment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer Skills: Strong computer knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, and advanced Excel skills is preferred. Microsoft AX and Salesforce experience a plus.
- Language Ability: Excellent phone and email communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Brewing, winemaking experience: Experience in professional or home brewing or winemaking strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Remote workers logged in and workflow monitored.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
COMPANY SUMMARY: Brewer’s Supply Group (BSG), a subsidiary of Rahr Corporation, supports the craft beer, wine and distilling industries as a one-stop shop for industry related supplies and ingredients. Rahr Corporation (Rahr) is a family-owned global leader in the production and distribution of barley malt and related brewing supplies in operation since 1847.