National Accounts Manager
Apply for this Job
The National Accounts Manager position focuses on delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising opportunities through the building of partnerships with major national and regional off-premise chains. This position will call on chains throughout the state of California and Arizona. Candidate must live in California, prefer to be based in Northern California.
What You'll Be Doing
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully gain additional points of distribution into assigned chains
- Achieve superior execution of chain programming across multiple distributor geographies through effective communication, coordination, follow through and leadership
- Develop annual and trimester plans for accounts
- Partner with Marketing and VP Sales to create and deliver chain specific programs
- Effectively communicate with field sales team and distributor network to ensure execution against mandated and authorize product distribution
- Work in trade with field sales team and distributors to identify opportunities in all major chains
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
What will help you succeed
- Prior sales experience in beer or spirits necessary
- Experience selling to regional or national chains preferred
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen
- Strong written and oral communication, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations
- Demonstrates resourcefulness to accomplish goals and solves problems with a sense of urgency
- Tenacious attitude and consistently and assertively pursues all avenues for growing a portfolio in assigned chain accounts
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications
- Ability to travel frequently (approximately 50% of the time).
- Established connections with key chains within the Grocery, C-Store, Drug, Mass, and Club channels are a definite plus