Lead Brewer/ Brewery Supervisor
Alesmith Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
The Lead Brewer/Brewery Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and training brewery staff and producing high quality beer under the guidelines of Company policies. Will also be responsible for the coordination and execution of scheduling under direction of the Brewery Manager. Will also assist the Brewery Manager in the creation of new procedures, policies, and SOPs related to brewery operations. Will also be responsible for ensuring Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are followed by the department.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate brewery staff and supervise daily brewery operations to ensure the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Create a weekly work schedule for all team members that ensures the execution of all production objectives while minimizing labor costs.
- Oversee the scheduling and execution of all pilot batch and retail specialty beers.
- Assist in the creation of pilot and specialty recipes for retail and wholesale release.
- Oversees the training and technical evaluation of all Brewery and Cellar team members.
- Responsible for quality control of raw materials and communicating any issues to supply chain director.
- Responsible for routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of all Brewery and Cellar equipment and communication with the Maintenance Department if serious repairs are needed. Also responsible for assisting the Head Brewer in the stocking and sourcing of spare parts inventory.
- Conduct employee one-on-one meetings, counselling sessions, and periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members based on performance and goals.
- Responsible for reviewing, creating, and updating SOPs.
- Responsible for working in production areas and assisting team members in accomplishing weekly production objectives.
- Oversee general cleaning, sanitation, and preventive maintenance of all production areas and equipment.
- Uphold all safety standards and ensure that all production employees are compliant.
- Assist in resolving customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the integrity of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in communication, including verbal and written skills.
- The ability to delegate tasks and duties to the appropriate team members.
- The ability to consistently move at a fast pace.
- Must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience brewing in a commercial brewery with a minimum of 1 year in a leadership role with a certificate or diploma in one of the fields of brewing science, microbiology, chemistry, engineering, or a related subject; or equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.