Need 2 Sales Reps for Bear Republic for Sacramento County & Sonoma County, CA
Bear Republic Brewing Co, Inc.
Apply for Job
Come Join the Bear Team! We have 2 sales positions open....We are looking for a Market Manager to work in the Sacramento area, working closely with the distributor and an Account Ambassador in Sonoma County visiting accounts. Check out the posts on our website and apply. The Bear team looks forward to meeting you. We are always looking for fun, dedicated team members to join our family doing what we love. Making and selling craft brews!
Market Manager: Manage our wholesale partner within the assigned territory and represent Bear Republic Brewing Co. in the retail trade as the first point of contact from the brewery.
Account Ambassador: Manage our top retail accounts in our home territory and represent Bear Republic Brewing Co. in the retail trade as the first point of contact.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Understand and embrace the Bear Republic brands and deliver our mission and story to the retail customer.
- Become an expert on assigned territory.
- Be the brewery’s primary point of contact for all retail accounts and distribution outlets.
- Increase package distribution in both on and off premise accounts.
- Increase draft presence in on premise accounts.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with the buyers/owners of influential accounts.
- Work with BRBC Sales Team to develop a program that regularly offers our specialty draft directly to influential accounts.
- Insure both on/off premise accounts have adequate POS and Bear Republic is properly represented.
- Assist in account and distributor craft beer education and training programs.
- Build partnerships with all distributors emphasizing Bear Republic’s brand and product value.
- Work with distributor representatives to build brand awareness and to fully develop best sales and marketing practices.
- Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Work Events/Festivals/Beer Weeks
- Know and understand the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) laws pertaining to both the supplier and wholesaler in each specific area/state.
- Recommend and implement sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Participate in regular sales meetings to help create sales forecasts and goals. Track execution and results.
- Know and understand sales goals for all distribution outlets.
- Maintain a comprehensive log on all account and wholesaler visits, monthly expenses and other reports as required.
- Monitor and evaluate distributors inventory. Report inventory issues to BRBC Sales Manager and work with distributor to correct improper inventory levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age.
- one to five years of malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a beer or wine distributor or brewery in a similar position
- Strong craft beer knowledge and experience in the local market.
- Knowledge of distributor operations.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both wholesale and retail.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Is generally happy and can have fun, even on high stress and demanding days.
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities.
- An intense competitive spirit with assertive, confident personality.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); VIP and/or Encompass experience preferred.
- Core competencies: Business acumen, communication proficiency, presentation skills, results driven, strategic thinking, and technical capacity.
- Ability to develop a genuine passion for our brand and products.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds
- Must have clean driving record.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for industry-related events.
- Must live in the assigned territory.
Bear Republic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.