TBBC Seeking Badass Packaging Lead
Tampa Bay Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Badass Packaging Lead
Summary of Position:
Hey you! The badass who can run a canning line in their sleep, let's chat.
Packaging Lead -TBBC Westchase is responsible for all packaging (cans and kegs) at the Production Facility. The Packaging Lead will work closely with Head Brewer, cellar/brewing and sales/distribution to ensure a seamless transition from production to point of sale. They will lead and execute on team development, specifications and processes with quality and safety being paramount while meeting production goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all packaging processes including keg filling and canning.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of orders going out to distributors.
- Oversee training of all packaging personnel and monitor their work hours.
- Ensure all beer is in the proper condition (i.e. carbonation level, temperature, etc.) prior to packaging.
- Perform seam checks on canning line as well as checking and monitoring TPO and DO levels of final product.
- Maintain a system of quality checks and balances to ensure the utmost quality and stability of the product.
- Maintain excellence in customer service when fulfilling commitments to distributors, retailers, and our own in-house customers.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and sanitation on the production floor. The Brewery shall always be in a tour ready condition.
- Effectively manage a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment and tooling.
- Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to filler, depalletizer, labeler and paktech machine.
- Foster an environment where esprit de corps becomes the norm amongst the production team.
- Maintain proper packaging production logs.
- Assist head brewer with any projects or tasks.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be able to communicate and understand the English language.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
- Primary or post-secondary brewing specific education is an asset, especially packaging technology.
- Have knowledge of beverage service and craft beer knowledge sufficient to train front of house staff in craft beer service.
- Have a complete and thorough knowledge of canning and keg filling operations.
- Working knowledge of beer production including beer style/quality standards, sanitation, and quality control.
- Possess excellent skills in electronic communication systems and office management software including: MS Word, MS Excel, Ekos and the like.
- Ability to problem solve and implement solutions.
- Ability to adjust to changing production schedule based on orders.
- Ability to lead and motivate people through pride in work.
- Knowledge of how to carbonate beer.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize as well as delegate tasks to a team.
- Display strong sense of urgency, cultivate culture of accountability and constant improvement.
- Ensure focused, safe and positive work environment.
- Provide leadership insight and help with the driving vision to meet company goals
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled Florida summer environment.
- Must have the stamina to occasionally work overtime when needed
Compensation based on experience and is commensurate with local industry standards. TBBC offers health insurance, dental, vision, PTO, food discounts and beer!
Please send resume and anything else you deem pertinent to Anthony@TBBC.Beer