Facilities Security Technician
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Get to Know UsKen Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Security Technician will perform routine maintenance and installation of network-based video surveillance cameras and equipment, electronically controlled access gates and doors and life safety systems such as fire and panic alarms. The Technician should be highly motivated, self-directed and provide strong customer service to coworkers, staff, and brewery guests.
What You Will Do
- Serves as subject matter expert for physical security device(s) for brewery and taproom properties
- Installs and maintains a variety of cameras, access control boards, card-swipe readers and alarm devices.
- Maintains an installed base document for all physical security devices; tracks obsolescence and makes recommendations for upgrades and improvements
- Repairs and maintains access-controlled roll gates
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to track daily work assignments and improve physical security reliability
- Professionally installs, maintains and troubleshoots low voltage wiring and cabling
- Routinely collaborates with maintenance and security to coordinate efforts related to the operation and maintenance of physical security devices as well as life safety systems
- Interfaces with other life safety systems such as fire suppression and panic alarms
- Installs, adjusts and maintains, various locking devices such as cylinder locks, magnetic locks and padlocks
- Set up and skillfully operate small hand and power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, etc.
Please Apply if You Have
- 3 years of progressive experience installing CCTV camera systems including IP cameras, NVR equipment as well as Analog Cameras required
- 3 years Experience working with security access control and video surveillance software required
- Ability to interpret technical documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Shows initiative to perform duties beyond assignment-specific duties
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Competent with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to work safely and properly use all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by regulations and job requirements
- requireduires the ability to use computers for training, communication and progress reporting
- Must possess a sense of urgency, attention detail and able to follow through
- DL - Driver's License free of any major moving violations in the last three years upon hire required
- Certification with one of the following: the American Society of Industrial Security Physical Security Professional ASIS PSP, Security Industry Association SIA, National Institute for Certification in Engineering technologies NICET, or the Electronics Technicians Association ETA upon hire preferred