Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Communications Manager, Internal will partner with Director of Communications to develop a comprehensive internal communications plan in concert with the mission, values, and business objectives of Sierra Nevada. This will include working directly with company leaders to write various announcements, speeches, articles, and other communications on their behalf as needed. In this critical role, you will shine a spotlight on Sierra Nevada's culture, engaging employees through a robust internal communications program including CEO communications, intranet communications, and employee engagement events. This person will also play a leading role in the implementation and management of our new internal communication Intranet platform. This person will play an integral role in fostering employee morale and advocating for the employee/leadership relationship. An ideal candidate will be a connector who is deeply passionate about community building, and who embeds themselves into brewery culture and happenings. This person will work with department leaders to dive deep into the big challenges, wins, and passions throughout the company and find compelling ways to share those stories. This person should check in with teams across the brewery to take temperature on announcement comprehension/reception/morale, reporting back to the Director of Communications and leadership, and making recommendations accordingly. In instances of sensitive announcements or PR crisis, this person will assist the Director of Communications with internal components.
What You Will Do
- Develop and manage ongoing internal communication strategy and execution
- Manage our new internal communications news site, serve as “editor-in-chief" and create compelling and helpful stories and content to share with our internal community
- Identify and develop innovative solutions on communication channel strategies
- Craft internal communications around new products, projects, and initiatives
- Work with HR , Plant Directors, and leadership to plan and craft internal announcements and other internal communications
- Anticipate issues, provide counsel and planning for handling crisis communications and serve as the frontline as needed
- Create company and interdepartmental newsletters and updates
- Review and approve communications from department leaders intended for company distribution
- Work cross functionally to develop and produce all-employee events, including Town Halls, Q$A sessions, and employee engagement events
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Human Resources or related field is required, or any combination of experience/education from which comparable knowledge skills and abilities have been achieved required
- 5 years direct internal communications or public relations experience is required
- Demonstrated experience managing communications strategy is required
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing communications intended for mass distribution required required
- Journalism experience highly desirable preferred
- Previous experience making decisions within a decentralized company highly desirable preferred
- Strategic thinker with experience in managing crises and handling sensitive issues, including competitive, regulatory, and social issues
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle high pressure situations and occasionally be available for after-hours and weekend work
- Willingness to serve as both lead and dig into implementation as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communications required.
- Empathy for both employee concerns and morale, and the challenges of leadership will be needed
- Discretion and ability to protect sensitive information is absolutely mandatory
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer