Packaging Lead Operator
New Realm Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
New Realm Brewing Company is an American craft brewery started in 2016 by co-founders Carey Falcone, Bob Powers and Mitch Steele. Our Virginia Beach location was opened in the middle of 2018 enabling New Realm to increase their ability to innovate and create new beers. The Virginia Beach location is a 58,000-square foot space with a 50bbl brewhouse, multi-format packaging equipment, and a fully equipped QA/QC lab. It features a large outdoor beer garden, private event space and restaurant. New Realm’s core principles are quality, creativity, authenticity, and striving for perfection, all with a customer-centric commitment and approach.
We are currently hiring for a Lead Packaging Operator that can remain adaptable and creative under pressure, enjoys the challenge of discerning and exceeding expectations and longs to become (or are you already) a beer expert and advocate.
We are in the process of commissioning a high speed automated KHS can line.
Please email email@example.com and visit our website to apply.
The Packaging Operator is a hands-on, all-encompassing production position. Duties may include tracking, brewing, cellaring, packaging, shipping, and QA. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has brewing experience and a passion for craft beer.
Under the work direction of the Head Brewer, the Packaging Lead is responsible for running the packing lines, directing packaging line operators and performing maintenance and cleaning on all packaging lines. Must have similar experience to be considered for the position.
The position includes access to an industry-leading benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are perfection-seeking in all that we do, but we adhere to a “work-hard, play-hard” ethos and are committed to work-life balance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct daily activities for all packaging employees making sure they are working efficiently and safely with proper focus on quality
- Strive for constant improvement of all packaging functions
- Facilitate punctual start to packaging operations. Use startup and shutdown checklists to ensure prompt startup and cleanup
- Keep inventory of all packaging materials. Maintain daily inventory checklist. Scrap packaging materials on a daily basis including beer
- Maintain inventory packaging records, using Orchestrated Beer as primary resource.
- Ensure quality of packaged beer meets specifications for DO, CO2, Seam Quality and microbial stability, follow reaction plan when results are out of spec. Maintain quality packaging records including TPO, CO2, yields, loss
- Reduce loss of beer and packaging materials
- Finish all packaging tasks assigned, including adequate cleaning
- Under the supervision of maintenance staff perform maintenance as required. Maintain bottling line, canning line and kegging machines in perfect and clean condition
- Operate bottling line machinery including: labeler, filler, corker/crowner, and cager
- Operate canning line machinery including: depalletizer, filler/seamer, labeler, cartoner, paktech applicator, tray former and palletizer
- Operate automated keg line
- Store unused packaging materials in proper areas
- Clean and maintain the bottling, canning and kegging area/machines
- Maintain overall cleanliness of entire brewery
- Clean and fill kegs as necessary
- Operate Anton Paar CBox and Haffmans CPTO analyzers
- Operate CMC_Kuhnke Seam analyzer
- Perform O2 tests on canning line, bottle line and kegging line. Reduce and maintain proper levels of TPO in all packages
- Check CO2 levels and QC metrics on bright tanks
- Train others on all packaging line operation and safety in accordance with SOPs
- Assist in implementation and commissioning of new packaging equipment as well as developing SOPs
- Complete other weekly packaging documentation and reports assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have had supervisory experience
- Previous experience working on a packaging line required
New Realm Brewing Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, New Realm Brewing Co. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.