Account Manager CT
Night Shift Distributing Connecticut
Apply for Job
The NSD Account Manager is responsible for hitting specific sales goals and targets while establishing/maintaining positive and productive relationships with NSD’s account partners. The Account Manager is expected to be self-motivated, own the success of their own territory and drive that success daily.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Consistently achieve overall sales objectives set by NSD.
- Grow assigned territory account volume based on specific targets and goals set by NSD.
- Create a quarterly plan detailing how goals will be achieved.
- Schedule monthly plan review/adjust meetings with your manager.
- Update Lilypad CRM after each account visit prior to next call/appointment.
- Do not make this an “end of day” task
- NSD standard account visit goal is 40 per week.
- Ensure all sales orders are entered into Encompass & confirm receipt within 24hrs of order being placed by customer
- All orders to be synced by appropriate deadline for delivery day
- Hotshot deliveries to be used as last resort and kept to minimum.
- Work with your accounts to keep them fully paid up on invoices due
- Review your "no order" account list weekly and be proactive about following up with these accounts
- Respond to all communications (internal and external) within 24 hours
- Includes emails, calls, texts, etc.
- Punctuality and professionalism at all times; do not be late for meetings, work-withs, scheduled appointments, etc.
- Participate and engage fully in all work related meetings
- Be prepared for and available to host suppliers for work-with days.
- Monitor POS, placements, and product freshness at all accounts.
- Communicate clearly with accounts about brand awareness, pricing, inventory, etc.
- Conduct staff trainings at retail and restaurant accounts, fostering greater awareness of the NSD portfolio
- Regularly monitor supply, demand, pricing, competitive brands, industry trends, and positive/negative feedback, and communicate findings with management
- Continue your education on all aspects of NSD partner brands production methods, recipes and beer styles
- Conduct tastings and events at accounts on weekdays and weekends
- Bring an energetic, cooperative, proactive, self-motivated attitude
- Candidates should have the flexibility to help out as needed in the operations of the business (such as in the warehouse or with deliveries) as this team will be small to start.
- Must be 21+
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of alcohol industry sales experience
- Brewery experience a plus.
- Drivers license, a clean driving record, and a car
- CT Resident
- Understanding of beer styles and production
- Sales closing techniques
- Familiarity with On and Off Premise key business practices
- Brand specific information (history, brewing style, key staff etc.)
- Awareness of Craft Beer Industry Trends
- Perform order entry functions in Encompass RAS
- Evaluate sales opportunities.
- Public speaking and presentation techniques
- Market planning
- Relationship building
- Strong work ethic
- Highly Organized
- Team Player
The work for this position is partly performed in a warehouse environment, and requires occasional trips to the production floor, which involves multiple flights of stairs.
The production aspects of this job take place in a working brewery environment, which involves the following:
- Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
- Noise (up to 90 dB)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts
- Wet floors
- Occasional entry into confined spaces
- Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
- Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds