Alter Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Alter Brewing Company (Alter) is growing and in need of a solid individual to join our team as a Brewer. Alter is an independent brewery taproom and restaurant operator with a commitment to bringing people together. If you want to join our crew, we want to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: Brewer
LOCATION: Downers Grove, Illinois
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Head Brewer
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for cellar duties, brewhouse duties, cleaning and filling kegs, running the canning line, assisting in the warehouse, forklift/ scissor lift operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing daily cellar tasks including but not limited to dryhopping, yeast handling, kegging, cleaning tanks, and transferring beer.
- Brewhouse operations. (20bbl Sprinkman brewhouse)
- Operate and troubleshoot the keg washer .
- CIP, setup, and run the canning line.
- Keep accurate records and display excellent communication.
- Keep warehouse, cellar, and brewhouse organized and clean.
IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES / WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Adherence to safety, passion for quality, and a desire for cleanliness is paramount
- Packaging, cellar, production, or similar experience preferred
- Ability to safely work with chemicals and in a wet environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and maneuver up to 165 pounds
- Ability to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day and climb a 10-foot ladder
- Mechanically inclined and comfortable using hand tools
- Strong work ethic, organization skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in contributing to the culture and growth of Alter
- While we typically adhere to a traditional M-F schedule, there should be some flexibility to schedule during peak seasons and growth phases.
- Note: this is an FLSA exempt position