Bear Republic Brewing Co, Inc.
Apply for Job
Established in 1995, Bear Republic is a family-owned brewery founded by third and fourth generation Sonoma County residents, who pride themselves on heritage. Our love for quality craft beers grew us into the family-owned and team-oriented business we are today.
From brewer to packager, everyone that works (and plays) together at Bear Republic is dedicated to bringing you fresh, never-filtered craft beer and great food.
We are looking for a self-motivated Sales Rep (Account Ambassador) with a passion for craft beer in Sonoma County. This position will manage our top retail accounts in our home territory and represent Bear Republic Brewing Co., in the retail trade as the first point of contact from the brewery.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Understand and embrace the Bear Republic brands and deliver our mission and story to the retail customer.
- Become an expert on assigned territory.
- Be the brewery’s primary point of contact for all retail accounts and distribution outlets.
- Increase package distribution in both on and off premise accounts.
- Increase draft presence in on premise accounts.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with the buyers/owners of influential accounts.
- Insure both on/off premise accounts have adequate POS and Bear Republic is properly represented.
- Assist in account and distributor craft beer education and training programs.
- Work with distributor representatives to build brand awareness and to fully develop best sales and marketing practices.
- Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Work Events/Festivals/Beer Weeks
- Know and understand the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) laws pertaining to both the supplier and wholesaler in each specific area/state.
- Know and understand sales goals for local distributor network.
- Maintain a comprehensive log on all account and wholesaler visits, monthly expenses and other reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- One to three years of malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a beer or wine distributor or brewery in a similar position
- Strong craft beer knowledge and experience in the local market.
- Knowledge of distributor operations.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both wholesale and retail.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Is generally happy and can have fun, even on high stress and demanding days.
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities.
- An intense competitive spirit with assertive, confident personality.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); VIP and/or Encompass experience preferred.
- Core competencies: Business acumen, communication proficiency, presentation skills, results driven, strategic thinking, and technical capacity.
- Ability to develop a genuine passion for our brand and products.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds
- Must have clean driving record.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for industry-related events.
- Must live in the assigned territory.
Bear Republic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.