Evans Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Evans Brewing Co is growing and looking to add another brewer to our team.
The Brewer is responsible for all aspects of wort, green beer, dry hopped, fruited and brite beer production, as well as assisting in packaging operations. The position will also require cleaning of all tanks and equipment, as well as assist in warehouse operations and possibly drive company provided vehicles.
Essential Job Functions
- Receiving inventory and storing raw materials and product (Verification of condition/quantity).
- Operate 5 and 25bbl brewhouses for wort production.
- Dry hop and fruit beers in fermenters.
- Operate centrifuge and pasteurizer for beer longevity and clarification.
- Sample tanks for gravity, pH, CO2/DO levels, yeast cell counts and document all actions taken or changes occurring with a beer. Harvest and handle yeast.
- Package beer in cans and kegs.
- CIP and manual cleaning of all tanks and equipment and perform periodic maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Develop and evaluate beers with assistance of Head Brewer.
- Interact with tap room staff and customers in a professional manner.
- Drive and operate forklift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as required.
- Must travel up and down steps and ladders as required.
- Must be able to use both hands and arms in full range of motion.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination skills.
- Must be able to work around moving equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to speak, hear and smell.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, regular, position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Additional job requirements
Must be 21 years old
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice